• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Adell at all?

Torridd

2 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I agree. My point was simply that if that’s what he is, that isn’t worth close to Clevinger - which means we should absolutely trade him. 

I think there’s a lot of reason to believe his upside is much higher. Which is why he probably won’t be traded. 

I’m not a prospect guy so I don’t know but what is the thought that Adell can be for his career avg? Upton? Anderson? Salmon? Vlad? Hunter? What are we collectively thinking?

I saw in some post a while back @Second Base said that he could be a 20/20 guy at his peak. But I don’t know maybe u mia read it?

42 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’m not a prospect guy so I don’t know but what is the thought that Adell can be for his career avg? Upton? Anderson? Salmon? Vlad? Hunter? What are we collectively thinking?

I saw in some post a while back @Second Base said that he could be a 20/20 guy at his peak. But I don’t know maybe u mia read it?

If Adell has Upton’s career then he became a helluva player. 

Do the Angels have a better chance of getting into the WS with Adell or Clevinger over the next three years? Maddon has a three year deal and Trouty isn’t getting any younger.

A kid like Clevinger will be hitting his prime and Adell will take time to settle in. 

Honestly, I want to find a way to not trade Adell and get a controllable top of the rotation arm to go along with Ohtani. That’s what it will take to get into the WS imo. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

@Stradling Adell is one of those prospects that you can't put an exact comp on. He's like Torii Hunter, but with more speed and power, but also more swing and miss. He's like Justin Upton, but more speed, power and athleticism. 

Hunter and Upton were each 3-4 win players, and I feel that Adell will be a more offensively enhanced version of the two. More dynamic. Resulting in him being more of a 4-5 win player. Very good player on a year to year basis. Decently consistent all-star appearances between the ages of 24-30 where he's typically a 4 win player. Superstar between the ages 26-28 where he's a 6-win player.

Edited by Second Base

28 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Just the thought of a middle of the order that consists of Trout, Rendon, Adell and Ohtani makes me rock hard.

Try to get Price and go get Bauer next offseason. Don't break up this potentially historical middle of the order.

Price is damaged goods. If he were younger they might have done TJ surgery...that worries me.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/david-prices-elbow-injury-hurts-short-term-long-term-more-worrisome

12 minutes ago, Halodays said:

Price is damaged goods. If he were younger they might have done TJ surgery...that worries me.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/david-prices-elbow-injury-hurts-short-term-long-term-more-worrisome

Rather gamble on that than gamble on losing Adell and that Clevinger can hold up with his erotic delivery and childish attitude.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:15 PM, RBM said:

Does anyone know the last time an MLB overall top 10 pick becomes an MLB overall top 5 prospect and is then traded before he made his MLB debut?

Only ones I could think of that came close to your criteria were Adrian Gonzalez who I knew had been taken 1-1, but he fell short of being ranked that high at the time of the trade and Dansby Swanson who was also a 1-1 guy... but, I couldn't remember if he was in Zona, long enough to be ranked overall.  Anyway went looking and found this article which is pretty solid.

https://www.mlb.com/news/biggest-mlb-prospects-traded-in-recent-history-c210477932

Maybe more importantly than the specific criteria/rankings .... if you check who some of these guys were traded for.... Absolutely brutal trades..

Lastly, the trade that triggered the article Moncada/Kopech+ for Sale is also worth considering. 

Sale had multiple years of control, but the Red Sox also had Price, Porcello, and Pomeranz already on board....   Fast forward to 2020 and those  guys are just now coming into their own and Sale would have been gone if not for the new contract. Given how last year went, the Sox might already be wishing they had not done that deal.   Regardless, the Sox were much more complete when they made that trade than the Angels currently are and Sale significantly more established than Clevinger is.