• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Adell at all?

Torridd

Yes I would trade him. But not just for anyone. It would have to be for an elite level player or pitcher. I just don't think that trade exists. I wouldn't expect a team who has an elite level pitcher/player to trade for 1 prospect and I don't think the Angels are willing to package Adell with multiple prospects to do it. So I don't see anyway Adell gets moved. 

Also if Adell isn't the second coming to Trout. A lot of people are going to be really ticked off. They hype around him is real, he has to perform like an MVP/All Star caliber player. 

I'd rather move a package based around Marsh for a top 50ish high upside guy who's close to the bigs (if that even exists, I'm not too familiar with other team's prospects).

I think Adell has enough top tier potential that unless we're getting a guaranteed, can't miss talent we're going to regret it.

1 hour ago, HaloNArizona said:

Pass on moving Adell....

If he is moved, we would have Marsh in RF...but ideally I see him in LF taking over for Upton in a few years...with Upton DHing on Ohtani's non DH days.

Great plan.  And who is at the front of the rotation in all these years?

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Yes I would trade him. But not just for anyone. It would have to be for an elite level player or pitcher. I just don't think that trade exists. I wouldn't expect a team who has an elite level pitcher/player to trade for 1 prospect and I don't think the Angels are willing to package Adell with multiple prospects to do it. So I don't see anyway Adell gets moved. 

Also if Adell isn't the second coming to Trout. A lot of people are going to be really ticked off. They hype around him is real, he has to perform like an MVP/All Star caliber player. 

agreed wholeheartedly. this is a classic example of over expectation. i've said, previously, that i think he's a garret anderson type player. if we get that in the long run, then that's a win. i'm just gonna let the kid be the kid and hope he makes it, anything else is gravy.

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

agreed wholeheartedly. this is a classic example of over expectation. i've said, previously, that i think he's a garret anderson type player. if we get that in the long run, then that's a win. i'm just gonna let the kid be the kid and hope he makes it, anything else is gravy.

If he’s GA, trade him now. 

I luv everything about Jo Adell ... not just his talent but for the person inside. I would only trade Jo if it makes the Angels division favorites. The Angels are very close now ... a top tier pitcher will get them over the hump. 

It’s time to win again! Jo will be a great player but he may not fully blossom until 2022. 

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Garret Anderson in the minors:

image.png

23 HRs/.729 OPS in 552 games at all minor league levels

Jo Adell in the minors:

image.png

image.png

38 HRs/.870 OPS in 248 games at all minor league levels

Hmm, not getting a "Garret Anderson" vibe here

They're both black outfielders, they're basically the same person.

Pros of trading Adell for Buehler:  He's already pretty much an ace level pitcher, with five years of control.   His command is rock solid (37 BBs in 182 innings in 2019, nearly 6/1 Ks/BBs ratio).

Con of trading Adell for Buehler:  Even though Buehler has been durable since being called up for good in 2018, there's always more concern nowadays of a pitcher getting injured vs a position player getting injured. 

But yeah, the Dogs aren't doing that trade.

I'd rather hold on to Adell anyway, as no other pitcher besides Buehler exists in my mind, that makes Adell tradable for him.  

9 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I agree. My point was simply that if that’s what he is, that isn’t worth close to Clevinger - which means we should absolutely trade him. 

I think there’s a lot of reason to believe his upside is much higher. Which is why he probably won’t be traded. 

48 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The Angels don’t need All Stars at every position, but they have plenty anyway.  They do need some high quality pitching.

you're evading, i know you understand what my point is.

you can't make assumptions about it one way. if adell nets us a conclusive #1, then it's only fair to assume that he's an all star. if it's not fair to assume we're trading an all star, then you can't assume he gets us a #1.

you mockingly said "great plan". i'm just saying develop an all star outfielder or develop an all star SP. either way, you still have a need. i don't think keeping adell is the equivalent of "no plan".

53 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

If he’s GA, trade him now. 

33 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

In case that’s unclear, Anderson was a fine player, but nothing extraordinary. He was barely above league average for most of his prime and had a number of replacement level seasons. 2002-2003 were his only particularly strong seasons. 

If that’s Adell, trade him for Clevinger yesterday. 

19 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Garret Anderson in the minors:

image.png

23 HRs/.729 OPS in 552 games at all minor league levels

Jo Adell in the minors:

image.png

image.png

38 HRs/.870 OPS in 248 games at all minor league levels

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They're both black outfielders, they're basically the same person.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I agree. My point was simply that if that’s what he is, that isn’t worth close to Clevinger - which means we should absolutely trade him. 

I think there’s a lot of reason to believe his upside is much higher. Which is why he probably won’t be traded. 

i'll explain, i wasn't saying his ceiling is GA. i'm saying expectations are way too high for this kid in angel land. he has that calmness that GA had, although i remember angel fans being infuriated by that "lack of caring". i think of eric chavez with highly rated prospects. he was a very strong player, but because he wasn't hitting 30+ homeruns every year he was a disappointment. that's an unfair standard for the player.

if addell is GA, then be happy you got that position filled for many years, and not brandon wood, etc.

if he reaches his ceiling or close to it, then you've got an allstar or mvp candidate.

saying trade him for clevinger now if he's going to be GA is silly because time doesn't operate that way.

So much hype and anticipation about Adell finally becoming an MLB regular, yet now treated by many as a mere bargaining piece. Without even seeing him play at this level. 

Really, why even bother hyping prospects for years and micro anyzing every stat? It's a long journey to the majors, and if you have belief all the way to this stage, at least keep the faith till he has a chance to play. 

These are real people, not printouts and names on a data base. Part of the fun of being a fan is watching prospects mature and showing what they can do.

Of course many fail, but Adell has been hyped for years as someone special. Calhoun would probably have been resigned if the organization didn't believe in Adell. 

The map isn't the territory. The game takes place in the real world, not in fantasy trades or idle speculation. Let the guy grab a bat and glove and earn his way into a major league career. Great or disappointing, he has been the crown jewel of Angel prospects so let this play out fully.

12 minutes ago, ukyah said:

if addell is GA, then be happy you got that position filled for many years, and not brandon wood, etc.

8 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i'm not typing the same thing twice. feel free to go round and round as you like.

You’re the one who said it. I would be upset if that’s what Adell turns out to be. I wouldn’t be happy he’s not Wood. I’d be frustrated that he’s a league average player. I know GA is overrated with many fans, but he wasn’t actually that good. He played 15 years for us and got 26 WAR. Might as well have kept Kole if that’s what we think is good. Almost 9 of those 26 came in two seasons. Meaning he got 17ish WAR in 13 seasons. That means the rest of his time with us he was either around average or below. 

At least be Salmon. If he’s Salmon or Upton, I’m good with that.