Torridd

Would you trade Adell at all?

Now that we've seen Eppler's turndown for Clevenger, I wonder if he's now seen as untouchable. Would you trade him for the right person(s) or is he untouchable now for you?

#metoo Lou

I would not hesitate to trade Adell for the right guy.  There are dudes all over that can play the outfield effectively and cover until Marsh is ready and Adams after him.

Just now, mulwin444 said:

Yep, near-elite potential starting pitching with years of control.  That's about it.  

This, which is to sya maybe 3 or 4 guys, outside of that, nope.
Only other conceivable scenario is someone coming in with a pitcher thats a little below that level but a top C prospect as well.  For example the dogs come in the May or someone a little below him and Ruiz.  (No, i dont think thats realistic just throwing out for a random example off the top of my head). 

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

How about a prospect for a prospect?

Mackenzie Gore? He's real close to breaking into the majors.

That's the guy I would be most interested in trading for Adell.  A good old challenge trade!

Yes, but I don’t see anyone who’d be even remotely available, even for Adell. Bieber, Buehler, Paddack, maybe Giolito. 

Paddack is the only one that would seem to have a shred of realism, maybe Bieber, as both teams are pretty well stocked with SP prospects and could use a Top 5 OF, especially with their relative payroll limitations.

At least for this winter. 

Maybe Luis Castillo or Jacob deGrom. Blake Snell or Brendan McKay are way on the periphery. I suppose Syndergaard, Clevinger, and maybe guys like German Marquez, Mitch Keller, and other Braves and Padres prospects could pitch their way into being in the mix, especially if the year progresses and perhaps Adell doesn’t quite take the next step and/or other prospects like Marsh take a big leap. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Sidenote, IF we trade Adell we will likely need a RF for a year or two so, factor that into it as well. 

Nick Castellanos come on down 😏

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Nick Castellanos come on down 😏

God i hate that idea to be honest... was listening to MLB radio talking about him, and what a hack he is defensively... that bothers me in right field even with Trout beside him.

What about trading Adell  straight up for one of the top pitching prospects?  Is Adell more of a sure thing than the top couple pitching prospects? We have an excess of OF prospects. I assume most are against it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

What about trading Adell  straight up for one of the top pitching prospects?  Is Adell more of a sure thing than the top couple pitching prospects? We have an excess of OF prospects. I assume most are against it.

They just don’t happen. Teams with Top 10 pitching prospects would be fools to give up that sort of upside, and teams with Top 10 hitting prospects would be fools to give up an everyday player prospect with at least a high floor. probably even Top 50.

You could see something for Marsh and another Top 100ish arm, but that’s about it. Braves makes sense since they’re loaded with you g arms and shopping them, have a long-term need in OF that doesn’t apply to 2020, and Marsh, a Georgia native, was a draft target of theirs. 

Edited by totdprods