• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Adell at all?

Torridd

7 hours ago, Sully151 said:

I think one of the reasons Trout signed his contract was Adell. 

Trout wants to play with him and has been following him in the minors. 

this probably plays into the decision.

What leads you to believe this?  Just curious if he actually indicated as such, as it seems like a stretch.  Trout will likely be into his 30's before Adell gets promoted, adjusts to major league pitching and meaningfully contributes to the Angels.

Trout doesn't strike me as the type to get involved with personnel decisions.

51 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

What leads you to believe this?  Just curious if he actually indicated as such, as it seems like a stretch.  Trout will likely be into his 30's before Adell gets promoted, adjusts to major league pitching and meaningfully contributes to the Angels.

Eppler has said Trout gets very interested in minor league and draft stuff and will text him about it. I seem to remember him being excited about Adell also. It’s going too far to say that Adell is why he signed his extension, but I’m sure he’s looking forward to playing with him. 

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Eppler has said Trout gets very interested in minor league and draft stuff and will text him about it. I seem to remember him being excited about Adell also. It’s going too far to say that Adell is why he signed his extension, but I’m sure he’s looking forward to playing with him. 

110% this. Trout wants to man an outfield with Adell for the remainder of his career. Why wouldn’t he? 

But it is crazy to think that when Trout is at the end of his contract Adell will only be like 31 or 32...... still relatively in his prime...

5 hours ago, Reveille1984 said:

Trout literally talked about looking up Adell’s minor league box scores and would call Eppler late at night to talk about him. He has also spoken about mentoring him the way Hunter mentored Trout.

I am not saying that Trout has come out and said don’t trade him, but he obviously likes the kid.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:29 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Great plan.  And who is at the front of the rotation in all these years?

I get pitching has not been addressed to everyone's expected desires.  Heck, I still want to see a move that improves this club.  I think Ohtani has the capabilities to be a top of the rotation guy.  I also think that Ohtani in the next year or two gives up hitting on a regular basis (just my opinion).  I also think Marsh (prior to the article being released) is truly an undervalued prospect on this board...hence every GM wanting him in return for starting pitching.  I think we will require another starting pitcher before the season starts....I think we will all be disappointed in whomever is acquired...I am fairly confident we will not be disappointed in Marsh's output in a few years.