• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu or Keuchel?

Rumple

Ryu or Keuchel?   

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be on the Angels roster for the next 3 years?

• Ryu
    • Keuchel

Before Teheran, I would've leaned towards Keuchel because of health concerns for Ryu. 

After signing Teheran, with Bundy also on the roster, I feel like we have enough stability in our innings that Keuchel is less needed and you can take a risk on a high upside guy like Ryu. 

That's not to say I'd be disappointed if they signed Keuchel, I'd just lean towards Ryu at this point, and I suspect that's why they signed Teheran. I don't think they'd have signed him if they were just going to turn around and sign Keuchel, but I could be wrong.

Keuchel
Better fit, less risk, will cost less and leaves room for other needs.
Im assuming both are looking at 3 yrs plus, maybe 4 on Keuchel.  If you could get Ryu on a 2 year i would go the other way as weve done a lot to absorb the innings needed already but I dont think you get him at that

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ryu was an ace last year. Keuchel hasn't been an ace since 2015, and is now more like a #4.

I don't think he's an ace but he's at worst a very good #3. 

Ryu is unquestionably a better pitcher. I'll be happy with either at this point.

31 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think he's an ace but he's at worst a very good #3. 

Ryu is unquestionably a better pitcher. I'll be happy with either at this point.

This is true, but then again, we have enough #3 and #4 guys already. The Angels can afford to take a little risk now. It’s strange to say, but the Angels are crazy deep rotation speaking. Not deep with amazing talent, but deep with arms. Aside from Heaney and Canning, everyone else fits in the 7th spot if we get Keuchel or Ryu. 

So, take the risk on Ryu who pairs well with Ohtani since they throw completely different stuff. 

Ryu, Ohtani, Teheran, Heaney, Canning, Bundy with the filler spots taken by Pena, Suarez, Sandoval, Peters, Barria. 

Get Ryu. Take the risk with him. 

By a landslide, Ryu.

Keuchel is solid, but this team has enough innings covered at this point. Even if Canning, Heaney and Ohtani don't provide as many innings as you'd prefer, the Angels still have Sandoval, Barria, Suarez and Pena that can cover the necessary innings. 

You already know you're going to get 170+ innings and a 4.00 - 4.50 ERA from Teheran and Bundy. Keuchel would simply be another one of those guys.

If the Angels want to match up with the contenders, and if they want to have any sort of shot in the playoffs, they need someone at the top of the rotation with Ohtani. That's Ryu. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Let’s not forget that we’ll take another player away from the Dodgers as well. They were looking at bringing him back and it’s another move in the right direction if we can get Ryu away from the Dodgers. We already took Rendon away from them. 

Who gives a crap about the Dodgers? Are you expecting to meet them in the WS?