• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels decline Kole Calhoun’s option

mmc

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Puig was worse than Kole this year and will get more money than Kole will get, no he would not be a good option.  

We hit 220 home runs last season which was 12 home runs below the league average at 232. Now let’s take those 33 Calhoun home runs off the board.

But we need pitching.

855BDDAD-D1F8-479F-9A5C-1AD507A1FDD5.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think they could have worked anything out, it was either they pick up his option, or don't. Now that they declined it they could still negotiate a contract.

Sure they could have, others have, why could they not have?
Yes they could still do something but the whole "thank you" thing on twitter suggests they are moving on.
just my 2 cents which is about all its worth. 

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

We hit 220 home runs last season which was 12 home runs below the league average at 232. Now let’s take those 33 Calhoun home runs off the board.

But we need pitching.

This is precisely why some of us are talking not only about pitching... but lets be real, its got to come first or we could hit 50 more and it wouldnt affect the standings. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Puig was worse than Kole this year and will get more money than Kole will get, no he would not be a good option.  

And Kole is a MUCH better clubhouse guy, on top of being a more consistent player and a much better defensive player.

If the Halos didn't need pitching so much, and didn't have Adell and Marsh almost ready for the bigs, only then would it have been smart to keep Kole.

Kole will definitely get a standing O when/if he plays the Angels on his future team. He is one of my all time favorite Angels players as he gave 100 percent every inning of every game. I hope some other team overpays him and he spends out his final baseball years counting dolla dolla bills.

Just now, Blarg said:

I can't see a sceanrio where the Angels would out bid another team for Calhoun. 

If this was the plan then why didn’t Eppler try to move him last season. It seams like he just threw away what could’ve been a good tradable resource. We got nothing in return for 33 home runs and a GG type defender. Epic fail by our GM.

4 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

If this was the plan then why didn’t Eppler try to move him last season. It seams like he just threw away what could’ve been a good tradable resource. We got nothing in return for 33 home runs and a GG type defender. Epic fail by our GM.

i think this makes some sense, and since billy hasn't shown himself to be a complete dipshit, then i think he probably tried, but no one was interested.

I wish Kole Calhoun a fond farewell. He certainly won't accept a smaller contract based on performance and I doubt the Angels would insult him with that sort of offer.

But baseball is a business, so when he signs elsewhere and returns to face the Angels as "the enemy," I'll root for him to strike out every time, drop every fly ball and make every throw from the corner a wild throw.

Over the years there were times when despite the club not being competitive he was one of a few players worth tuning in for and for a guy who was never highly touted he was definitely a nice surprise.  If they can bring him back on a cheaper deal that's fine but looking at it objectively they really shouldn't be spending money for OF depth.  

27 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

But we need pitching.

Calhoun wouldn't even hit 33 hr here next year. A healthy Upton can easily replace the power. DID YOU NOT WATCH OUR ROTATION?

39 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

What do you honestly see as being a return for him at the break?