• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels decline Kole Calhoun’s option

mmc

20 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

We hit 220 home runs last season which was 12 home runs below the league average at 232. Now let’s take those 33 Calhoun home runs off the board.

But we need pitching.

855BDDAD-D1F8-479F-9A5C-1AD507A1FDD5.jpeg

Put those 33 home runs back on the board with a healthy Upton. And La Stella. And Trout. And Goodwin...at least until Adell arrives...and then Adell.

The HRs are replaceable. His D probably less so, but can be managed.

19 hours ago, Dochalo said:

that's exactly why someone's NOT going to overpay for him and why we were smart not to.  

someone might give him 2/14 which seems fair.  Frankly, though, I don't see his next deal getting over that.  

You heard it here first:

2/15*

*Price is Right rules.

14 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I don't really see a team out there trying to sign Kole on the top of my head... .. most teams Outfield seems to be set, idk maybe the pirates, that jerry's team, maybe Red Sox ( if they trade JBJ), White Sox, who else....?

I think we will have a good chance to resign him if money is available to that 1yr 6mil contract.  

I could certainly see him hitting HRs to that short right field porch in Boston. 

Kole is a class act and will be missed.

I posted in a thread awhile ago about this, but based on the market last year, outfielders around his age and around his production pretty much only get 1 year deals. There are exceptions and maybe he'll be one, but most likely he gets 1 year/4-5 million. Last years non-minor league deals to outfielders:

Michael Brantley (age 32, 4 years 32 mil)

Lonnie Chisenhall (age 30, 1 year 2.75 mil)

Avisail Garcia (age 28, 1 year 3 million)

Bret Gardner- (age 36, re-signed 1 year 7.5 mil)

Robbie Grossman (age 30, 1 year 2 mil)

Billy Hamilton (age 29, 1 year 5.25 mil)

Bryce Harper (age 26, 13 years 330 mil)

Adam Jones (age 34, 1 year 3 mil)

Nick Markakis (age 35, re-signed 1 year 6 mil)

Andrew Mccutchen (age 32, 3 years 50 mil)

AJ Pollock (age 31, 5 years 60 mil)

1 hour ago, kj_maestro said:

Kole is a class act and will be missed.

I posted in a thread awhile ago about this, but based on the market last year, outfielders around his age and around his production pretty much only get 1 year deals. There are exceptions and maybe he'll be one, but most likely he gets 1 year/4-5 million. Last years non-minor league deals to outfielders:

Michael Brantley (age 32, 4 years 32 mil)

Lonnie Chisenhall (age 30, 1 year 2.75 mil)

Avisail Garcia (age 28, 1 year 3 million)

Bret Gardner- (age 36, re-signed 1 year 7.5 mil)

Robbie Grossman (age 30, 1 year 2 mil)

Billy Hamilton (age 29, 1 year 5.25 mil)

Bryce Harper (age 26, 13 years 330 mil)

Adam Jones (age 34, 1 year 3 mil)

Nick Markakis (age 35, re-signed 1 year 6 mil)

Andrew Mccutchen (age 32, 3 years 50 mil)

AJ Pollock (age 31, 5 years 60 mil)

Brantley got 2 years.  but I agree with you.  he might get an option on top of the 1yr deal.  

My guess is the Angels respect Calhoun enough that they didn’t want to low-ball him during the exclusive window or out of the gate. He’s been the perfect organizational soldier and deserves every shot he can to make every penny possible post-Halos. 

But I could see the two discussing a something like a 1/$5m or 2/$10m deal in a few months if he hasn’t found a home, once the Angels have addressed a few more pressing things. He’d like to be here and the Angels could still use him. Goodwin could be freed up in a trade for another piece come January or February. Adell and Marsh aren’t far. He can shift towards a 4th OF/1B/DH role as kids push him out.

Edited by totdprods