• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well you haven’t been paying attention to the market.  Price is a year removed from a pretty good year.  If you can get him for $12 million a year, you are probably getting some value.  

Yanks went 3 years 17 Mil per for Happ last year...  I want no part of Price but at that number he's a better value than whatever Bumganer wants...

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why has the conversation shifted from Gerrit Cole to David FACKING Price? What is going on?

You guys really believe this Reddit guy? Isn't it the same dude that called Bryce Harper to the Dodgers?

Yeah, he got that one wrong, but he got trading Cozart right, and let's face it, nobody saw that one coming.  What other #1/2 types are on the trade market?

That said, maybe this is Eppler playing 4D chess and sending a message to Cole to lower his price (no pun intended) a bit.  Yeah, OK.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why has the conversation shifted from Gerrit Cole to David FACKING Price? What is going on?

You guys really believe this Reddit guy? Isn't it the same dude that called Bryce Harper to the Dodgers?

Ryu and Rendon sounds good , Price rumor hopefully he is wrong about.

Because guys who cover the team have mentioned Price in tweets and that’s very concerning.

The Sox would have to include a few truly worth a damn plug in and play guys for me not to flip sh!t if we trade for Price

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want Price, but at what price does he make sense?  If they ate half does it make sense?  

On the open market right now, I think Price would probably secure a 3/45 type of deal. But that's a difficult place to negotiate from, because Boston needs to eat half the salary just to meet another teams interest point, but also get a piece back that makes it worthwhile for them to lose a starting pitcher with some upside.  Nobody smart is going to take on 3/45 for David Price AND give up a good prospect. 

If the Red Sox want anything decent in return, let's say on par with what the Giants got from the Angels in Will Wilson, they're looking at eating 64 million of that contract, knocking Price's salary owed down to 3/32.

And even then, there are some positive underlying starts with Price and some negative ones as well. So it's a risk rather way. But then again, if Bumgarner is going to cost 5/100 plus a draft pick, 3/45 and giving up no prospects for Price seems like a steal.

Right. If we end of with Rendon/Donaldson and Price and Ryu, I'll be super stoked. 

Yup...especially if we only lost Wilson in the process. And no Cozart is addition by subtraction.

Imagine that Castro or Maldonado in the fold too.

If Price is traded, I imagine the Red Sox will either be eating a significant amount or adding in a decent player, as we don’t have much salary to send back anymore. 

I know. It’s not Cole, but we’d be needing three or four players to go down injured to sink us then, whereas with Cole, we’re back to one injury hurting us big time. 

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Right. If we end of with Rendon/Donaldson and Price and Ryu, I'll be super stoked. 

@totdprods

Well, that's a nice group of players, don't get me wrong. But is it something that fits the Angels? They're in decent shape offensively without Rendon. Is that really where they should be spending their money? And if they do sign Rendon, do you simply trade La Stella? I mean there's so much infield depth on the market right now that he doesn't get you much in return, and you're certainly not demoting David Fletcher into part time duty. He's one of the best players in the team and is young, inexpensive and versatile. And La Stella in part time duty really isn't fitting if the offense skill set he showed last year. 

And like both Ryu and Price, as the #2/3 options, behind a front line starter which the Angels clearly need. But that pitching staff is built on cracked glass. A rotation fronted by Ryu, Price, Ohtani and Heaney? The chances of injury there are super high.

So it's a good plan.....just not a good plan specifically for the Angels.

Edited by Second Base

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yeah, he got that one wrong, but he got trading Cozart right, and let's face it, nobody saw that one coming.  What other #1/2 types are on the trade market?

That said, maybe this is Eppler playing 4D chess and sending a message to Cole to lower his price (no pun intended) a bit.  Yeah, OK.

I saw trading Cozart for an equally bad contract. Didn’t see trading him for salary relief.