• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

I kind of think it is he knows something that isn’t a done deal.  I guess it could be about Cole because we aren’t really hearing a lot of Cole stuff other than he now should get 9 years.  To me it feels like he committed to the Angels, Boras went and made the Strasburg deal, which now brings the value of Cole’s deal up 10’s of millions.

Fletch tweeted eyes that were pointed to the right. So obviously Cole is going to "the right coast" AKA New York. But....when looking at the eyes, they're actually pointing to the left, which would make US look to the left, like we would when looking at a map. And what's to the left on a map? California. And what's in California? Anaheim.

Wake up sheeple.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fletch tweeted eyes that were pointed to the right. So obviously Cole is going to "the right coast" AKA New York. But....when looking at the eyes, they're actually pointing to the left, which would make US look to the left, like we would when looking at a map. And what's to the left on a map? California. And what's in California? Anaheim.

Wake up sheeple.

reptilian dollar bill GIF by G1ft3d

All i can say at this point is that if Arte goes to the level required for Cole he MUST be prepared to go all the way and get the rest thats needed.
This simply cannot be  Cole and done or Cole and a couple warm bodies.
If we come out of this off season without 2 quality starting pitchers and one quality bat, it isnt affecting the outcome at the end of the actual season.

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

All i can say at this point is that if Arte goes to the level required for Cole he MUST be prepared to go all the way and get the rest thats needed.
This simply cannot be  Cole and done or Cole and a couple warm bodies.
If we come out of this off season without 2 quality starting pitchers and one quality bat, it isnt affecting the outcome at the end of the actual season.

Where will this bat play, just out of curiosity? I don’t see any obvious holes other than catcher. 

5 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Where will this bat play, just out of curiosity? I don’t see any obvious holes other than catcher. 

The bat was a big picture reference, not just talking about FA.  Someone acquired either thru trade for a C or trading away some of our depth and signing someone to replace it.

Just now, floplag said:

The bat was a big picture reference, not just talking about FA.  Someone acquired either thru trade for a C or trading away some of our depth and signing someone to replace it.

Can you be more specific? 1B is an obvious hole, but I don’t see us doing much about it at present. My ideal plan would be working out La Stella at 1B during the offseason and having Albert as a bench player and occasional DH and 1B when other guys need a day off. 

Who at catcher is available that is an actual target? What other move specifically would you make? I just don’t see any obvious ones other than Rendon (possibly JD), but I don’t see that happening, realistically. 

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Can you be more specific? 1B is an obvious hole, but I don’t see us doing much about it at present. My ideal plan would be working out La Stella at 1B during the offseason and having Albert as a bench player and occasional DH and 1B when other guys need a day off. 

Who at catcher is available that is an actual target? What other move specifically would you make? I just don’t see any obvious ones other than Rendon (possibly JD), but I don’t see that happening, realistically. 

No 1B isnt on my list, if it was it wouldn't matter nothing is changing there till it has to and frankly those guys aren't hard to get.  

As to the rest well Ive mentioned these at various times but ill give you credit for being curious over trolling me... the focus is on C or 3B, either thru trade, FA, or both.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

No 1B isnt on my list, if it was it wouldn't matter nothing is changing there till it has to and frankly those guys aren't hard to get.  

As to the rest well Ive mentioned these at various times but ill give you credit for being curious over trolling me... the focus is on C or 3B, either thru trade, FA, or both.

I’m not opposed to upgrading the offense, I just don’t see it likely happening, especially with Cole’s price tag.

The reason I ask is I see a lot of people saying “I’m out on Cole, let the Yankees have him”, and it makes me wonder what exactly the alternative is? Continue to suck?

I feel like adding Cole in and of itself is roughly an 8-10 win shift due to who he replaces. The offense will depend heavily on health and whether the young guys develop an improve.  

6 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

I’m not opposed to upgrading the offense, I just don’t see it likely happening, especially with Cole’s price tag.

The reason I ask is I see a lot of people saying “I’m out on Cole, let the Yankees have him”, and it makes me wonder what exactly the alternative is? Continue to suck?

I feel like adding Cole in and of itself is roughly an 8-10 win shift due to who he replaces. The offense will depend heavily on health and whether the young guys develop an improve.  

This isnt Cole or continue to suck, thats just silly to assume its an A or B choice. 

Cole’s final payday is now expected to exceed $300 million — and not by a penny or two. Nine years at $324 million is $36M on avg per year and that is probably not a bad over/under. What Strasburg signed for would move me to take the over on Cole.

This is getting ridiculous.  It is time for the Angels to move on from Cole.

Just now, floplag said:

HARD pass for me.
Let the evil empire have its new emperor and move on. 

No doubt.  For that price they could get three new SP.  Or they could get Rendon, a solid starter and an average starter.  Move the F on from this shit (if the numbers are true).

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

No doubt.  For that price they could get three new SP.  Or they could get Rendon, a solid starter and an average starter.  Move the F on from this shit (if the numbers are true).

Okay, Buzz. That always works out well.

Enjoy spending 100 million on 5+ ERA Bum, another 80-100 on Ryu, and Marsh and Canning to bring in Boyd. 

The whole market is inflated and the other options are terrible. There is no cheap pitching and the ones that are cheap are cheap precisely because they aren’t good. 

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Okay, Buzz. That always works out well.

Enjoy spending 100 million on 5+ ERA Bum, another 80-100 on Ryu, and Marsh and Canning to bring in Boyd. 

The whole market is inflated and the other options are terrible. There is no cheap pitching and the ones that are cheap are cheap precisely because they aren’t good. 

Again, your doom and gloom outlook is ridiculous.

You must be the guy who can look at the most perfect set of tits ever, but then complain about the little freckle on one of them.

For me, I don't really care so much about the total amount spent so much as I care about the average annual value. Paying Cole 45 million a year across five years is painful. But paying him 30 million across 10 years doesn't seem nearly as painful. This sums aren't entirely different oh, it's still a lot of money. But the year-to-year operations would be much better suited with a lower salary had a longer contract

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

No he isn't.  Bumgarner, Ryu, etc. are not terrible options.  That is an over exaggeration of facts.

He's giving his opinion. And he said nothing of Ryu, other than his name.

The "fact" is Cole is one of the top 2 or 3 pitchers in baseball. Bumgarner and Ryu are not. Bumgarner isn't even top 10.

How much money is spent to acquire him has nothing to do with you. Yet you're acting like it's coming out of your own wallet. You can say it "hampers our ability to improve the team elsewhere" but you don't know that.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

He's giving his opinion. And he said nothing of Ryu, other than his name.

The "fact" is Cole is one of the top 2 or 3 pitchers in baseball. Bumgarner and Ryu are not. Bumgarner isn't even top 10.

How much money is spent to acquire him has nothing to do with you. Yet you're acting like it's coming out of your own wallet. You can say it "hampers our ability to improve the team elsewhere" but you don't know that.

Is Bumgarner even top 25 anymore?