• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

"The Padres appear highly motivated to part with Myers, according to Stark, who adds that there’s even a willingness on the team’s part to attach prospects from its loaded farm system if it would encourage someone to take the veteran off its hands."

I wouldn't mind Myers for depth in the OF and at 1st if it means getting some stud prospects and the Padres pay part of his salary. Last 2 of 3 years he's been a 2 bWAR player.

14 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

"The Padres appear highly motivated to part with Myers, according to Stark, who adds that there’s even a willingness on the team’s part to attach prospects from its loaded farm system if it would encourage someone to take the veteran off its hands."

I wouldn't mind Myers for depth in the OF and at 1st if it means getting some stud prospects and the Padres pay part of his salary. Last 2 of 3 years he's been a 2 bWAR player.

Seriously. Hosmer is their problem not Myers

you guys are dialed to 11 on this cole shit. 

personally, there's no way i'd do 300 or more. i'd walk away. shit for 326 million, we could sign some serious talent from this class.

what is rendon expected to fetch? 260? rendon and ryu. 

we could go donaldson, madbum, ryu on total dollars, although it doesn't play the same in the annual budget.

the whole it's not my money thing is silly. we all know there is a budget constraint. we all know about where it lies for the angels, and we all know that these contracts don't happen in a vacuum. one contract effects the ability to sign another. it's very had to imagine any realistic scenario where the angels sign cole to a 326+ million dollar deal and have any money left for signing anybody of note. i am not ok with a cole, bundy offseason and a torched budget to go along with.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

People really seem to want Bumgarner and his road ERA of 5.29 and 4.97 the last two years....   I know who he used to be but what exactly do Angels fans think they'd be getting?

He's not that Bumgarner anymore.

If he changed his name, he's get 3/30.  

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Padres throw in Hedges, Patino and 15 million dollars, I'd do Cozart for him. 

Angels get their catcher, a young ace just months away and it only costs them 40 million across the next three years. 

I'd prefer closer to half his salary but I guess your proposal would work. I am not very familiar with their farm just by what I read from different outlets. If the Padres have some studs that can help our farm and or are close to mlb ready, I say Eppler should be all over Myers.