• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

Just now, Stradling said:

We know it isn’t going to be Marsh, but maybe Jones and Yan or something like that.  I hope it is Taylor Ward.  I want that Mike Trout Art.

I wouldn’t be upset over getting Bundy if he costs something like you suggested. 

Especially if we were to still sign 2 other pitchers 

Gibson would've been alright but three years is too much. Curious to see how it works out for Texas. 

I've been eyeing Bundy as an option for a little while now and think he'd be a reasonable buy-low add to eat some innings at the back of the rotation, and the Orioles are so bare, virtually any prospect of ours is worth considering for them.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This will probably be the Angels and people will lose their shit.  

Depends on the cost but if its anyone weve talked about here much, yeah, probably.  WE could did into FA and find better options 
The price is right but this is a case of getting what you pay for.  I think we would get better from any one of the kids to be frank. 
WE dont need more 3-5s, we need 1s or 2s. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Depends on the cost but if its anyone weve talked about here much, yeah, probably.  WE could did into FA and find better options 
The price is right but this is a case of getting what you pay for.  I think we would get better from any one of the kids to be frank. 
WE dont need more 3-5s, we need 1s or 2s. 

Well we need a 1,3, and a 4 or 5.  It doesn't matter the order.  

Baltimore is a great team for someone like Taylor Ward to get an opportunity. There'd need to be another piece, but I could see Ward being a good fit there. 

Be kind of interesting if the Angels could try and rope Severino, Givens, or even Mancini into a bigger deal too, but, Bundy on his own would be a nice start for the back of the rotation without committing much to payroll.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

160-170 innings, mid 4 ERA.  Former top prospect.  27 years old.  Back end of the rotation that can pitch innings.  Plus I can't imagine the acquisition cost would be that high.  

I feel like it might be a little higher than we expect. Just because of need and Bundy’s salary this year. I think many teams will see value in him as is combined with potential to coach him up.

160-170 innings, mid 4 ERA.  Former top prospect.  27 years old.  Back end of the rotation that can pitch innings.  Plus I can't imagine the acquisition cost would be that high.  

Putting Bundy  on a better team could rejuvenate his career. Playing for a competitive team can do wonders for a players physcic.

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well we need a 1,3, and a 4 or 5.  It doesn't matter the order.  

That depends on how you classify what we already have.
I dont think Bundy steps into a leadership role, we have a couple of kids that put up better numbers last year and they should get better.  Where would you slot him right now if we had him?  2, 3, 4?  
As said if it comes cheap, fine, but i personally would not pay anything of substance for him.  

1 minute ago, floplag said:

I dont think Bundy steps into a leadership role, we have a couple of kids that put up better numbers last year and they should get better.  Where would you slot him right now if we had him?  2, 3, 4?  
As said if it comes cheap, fine, but i personally would not pay anything of substance for him.  

My rotation would look like this:

#1 Starter (Free Agent) Cole

#2 Starter- Ohtani

#3 Starter- (Free Agent) Someone like Wheeler or Keuchel

#4 Starter- (Free Agent) Teheran

#5 Starter- Bundy or Heaney

Depth- Canning, Barria, Suarez, Sandoval

Now I say this from my point of view, which my point of view is that Canning will be much improved, but he has to take the reigns from Heaney.  My opinion is Canning can be a solid #3 borderline #2 as he progresses and matures.

49 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Baltimore is a great team for someone like Taylor Ward to get an opportunity. There'd need to be another piece, but I could see Ward being a good fit there. 

Be kind of interesting if the Angels could try and rope Severino, Givens, or even Mancini into a bigger deal too, but, Bundy on his own would be a nice start for the back of the rotation without committing much to payroll.

Where did you place the camera inside of my house? I have searched everywhere around the computer screen to no avail! 😄 

My rotation would look like this:

#1 Starter (Free Agent) Cole

#2 Starter- Ohtani

#3 Starter- (Free Agent) Someone like Wheeler or Keuchel

#4 Starter- (Free Agent) Teheran

#5 Starter- Bundy or Heaney

Depth- Canning, Barria, Suarez, Sandoval

Now I say this from my point of view, which my point of view is that Canning will be much improved, but he has to take the reigns from Heaney.  My opinion is Canning can be a solid #3 borderline #2 as he progresses and matures.

OK, and i would be fine with that but thats not what i asked.
If we had him now, no Cole, no Wheeler, no Teheran... now, with who we have, where would you slot him?  Sounds to me like you would put him maybe 3 behind Heaney and Ohtani or?  Thats where i would put him which is to say if the plan comes to fruition were trading for what should be a 4 or 5 when all is said and done?  
How much would you pay for that?  For me, not too much when any of the kids can probably put up comparable numbers.
Thats all im saying, im ok with it i just would not by any means over pay and the deal should favor us if we made it.

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

If he slotted in right now with who we have he'd be a #4. I'd go Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Bundy.
It all depends what the Orioles need in return. I'd be willing to part with Jones and something less for Bundy, but I also think he only fits with the Angels if they go with a 6-man rotation.
Cole, Wheeler, Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Bundy. That leaves the Angels major depth options like Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Peters.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If healthy I think Heaney is a better option than Bundy don't you think?

Yes but I’m not even going to play the IF game with Heaney anymore if I’m Eppler sitting on the hot seat. I build my rotation like such and anything I get from Heaney is an added bonus.