• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

11 hours ago, stormngt said:

Then who plays 2b or 3b.

To bench pujols you have to find a non starter to replace him.  La Stella cant play both 2b and 1b.

Now for 2020 I said things maybe different.

Stella 1B, Fletcher 2B, Simba SS, Rendon 3B

Now, Eppler needs to focus on getting Simba re-signed before the next off-season.

Both Rengifo and Thaiss appear to have solid utility player potential.    Rengifo can play all 3 non-1B INF positions.    Thaiss can play 3B, 1B, maybe LF, and emergency catcher.

Edited by Angel Oracle

35 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yeah. And while I'm not as optimistic as the team is currently constructed, I think if they can add 4-5 more wins between a pitcher and a catcher, the Angels will be a playoff team.

Contreras and Hendricks? Might as well go big with a Marsh trade and assume Adams is the next guy after Upton is done. Angels could financially afford them. That's a +7 WAR

13 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Contreras and Hendricks? Might as well go big with a Marsh trade and assume Adams is the next guy after Upton is done. Angels could financially afford them. That's a +7 WAR

No, for several reasons. The first getting that Contreras isn't the defensive first catcher we need, second in that Chicago needs to lower payroll and Conteras and Hendricks really won't make that much, third in that they'd cost a fortune in prospects. I'm talking say goodbye to Marsh, Rengifo, Thaiss, Adams and Soriano/Rodriguez. 

12 hours ago, Lou said:

Rengifo

Rengifro v Pujols

Pujols offensive numbers last year was better!

Remember the context 9f the conversation was despite Pujols poor performance, the Angeks have not had a player that could replace him in the lineup.

And this year it appears we have that because of the Rendon signing.

49 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Stella 1B, Fletcher 2B, Simba SS, Rendon 3B

Now, Eppler needs to focus on getting Simba re-signed before the next off-season.

Both Rengifo and Thaiss appear to have solid utility player potential.    Rengifo can play all 3 non-1B INF positions.    Thaiss can play 3B, 1B, maybe LF, and emergency catcher.

That is assuming La Stella can play a quality 1b.  However it does seem that the Angel's should have the depth to truly regulate Pujols into a part time role.

22 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The pro of this:  Adams projecting to be ready close to the time that Upton's contract is ending

The cons of this:  very few LHH's in the lineup currently (only Stella and Ohtani), and Upton's increasingly questionable LF defense 

I can't believe that list. Look at the Nationals. With Scherzer Strasburg and Corbin. They just won the title too and they are projected to be worse than the angels. I get it Trout and Rendon..great players for certain. But be honest as things stand right now would you bet your house on that projection?

and by right now I mean, no catcher and no real bullpen. Either it's a typo or somebody is smoking crack over at fangraphs

31 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I’d probably rather just go after the pitcher and sign Chirinos to a contract to be our catcher.  Hendricks is good, really good, but he isn’t the problem in Chicago financially so he will cost an arm and a leg, unless you take on Heyward and or Kimbrel.  

34 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

I can't believe that list. Look at the Nationals. With Scherzer Strasburg and Corbin. They just won the title too and they are projected to be worse than the angels. I get it Trout and Rendon..great players for certain. But be honest as things stand right now would you bet your house on that projection?

and by right now I mean, no catcher and no real bullpen. Either it's a typo or somebody is smoking crack over at fangraphs

The bullpen is fine. Chasing big names is highly risky. (Isn’t that what screwed over the Rockies - going all in on big name relievers?)

45 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

Undertaker begs to differ.

10 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The bullpen is fine. Chasing big names is highly risky. (Isn’t that what screwed over the Rockies - going all in on big name relievers?)

Your point is well taken. I'm not really disputing that. I'm just saying that the overall table is crazy. how can the Angels with the gaping maw that we have in the rotation, be rated higher than the nationals. Pitching is still part of the game. Their top 4 is better than anyone we have except for obtain and coming off Tommy John surgery, he needs to be sheltered.

they must be assuming things that haven't yet happened

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Rengifro v Pujols

Pujols offensive numbers last year was better!

Remember the context 9f the conversation was despite Pujols poor performance, the Angeks have not had a player that could replace him in the lineup.

And this year it appears we have that because of the Rendon signing.

wrong. La Stella was the replacement for Pujols. You asked who would play 2B or 3B. 

13 hours ago, stormngt said:

Then who plays 2b or 3b.

To bench pujols you have to find a non starter to replace him.  La Stella cant play both 2b and 1b.

Now for 2020 I said things maybe different.

Try to follow your own argument next time. 

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Undertaker begs to differ.

Haven't we learned yet Blake Parker was good for a year. Hansel Robles was good for a year too. But having seen him since he came up with the mets, I don't trust him as far as I can piss.. I mean he's been great as an Angel, but I keep waiting for him to turn back into a pumpkin

but hey maybe it's citi field. Edwin Diaz went from great in the A L west to a warm mess of goo in Citi field and Calloway for all his expertise, had nothing in his bag of tricks to help him. It's what got him fired

50 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

Haven't we learned yet Blake Parker was good for a year. Hansel Robles was good for a year too. But having seen him since he came up with the mets, I don't trust him as far as I can piss.. I mean he's been great as an Angel, but I keep waiting for him to turn back into a pumpkin

but hey maybe it's citi field. Edwin Diaz went from great in the A L west to a warm mess of goo in Citi field and Calloway for all his expertise, had nothing in his bag of tricks to help him. It's what got him fired

Undertaker was solid enough in 2018 too over 36 innings (2.97 ERA and 1.22 WHIP).

As for Diaz, maybe he's one of those guys who has trouble adapting to change?   Relievers are odd ducks.

Edited by Angel Oracle