• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

18 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

TODAY: The Dodgers continue to be “very aggressive in pursuit of” Clevinger and Lindor, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets.

Of course they are. The Dodgers aim high, even when they don’t necessarily need starting pitching. It would be nice to see some interest from the Angels, instead of stockpiling back-of-the-rotation arms.

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

Of course they are. The Dodgers aim high, even when they don’t necessarily need starting pitching. It would be nice to see some interest from the Angels, instead of stockpiling back-of-the-rotation arms.

ok, I'll play.

put together a package that would entice Cleveland to send us Lindor and Clevinger. 

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

i'm gonna tell you right now, unless you want to start with adell and marsh, then you might as well not judge the angels for staying out of that one. it's not a fair moral judgement.

the angels don't have the pieces to beat the dodgers. they've got money. go sign ryu and end the drama.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

The Dodgers farm system and MLB players they would be trading are better than anything the Angels would offer. Since Adell is off limits, there's no way the Angels could even match their prospects. The Dodgers are a smarter and better run organization. They drafted better and are in a position where they can afford to get both Lindor and Clevinger.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Dodgers farm system and MLB players they would be trading are better than anything the Angels would offer. Since Adell is off limits, there's no way the Angels could even match their prospects. The Dodgers are a smarter and better run organization. They drafted better and are in a position where they can afford to get both Lindor and Clevinger.

Well...that sucks, then. I guess it’s back to stockpiling back-of-the-rotation arms, then. 😕

Just now, Angels_Fan said:

Lindor isn’t necessary. The putting together a package for Clevinger part is up to Eppler. He’s the GM. The Angels surely have something that can entice Cleveland, right?

Yes of course.  The conversation starts with Adell.  Or possibly Marsh, Canning and a lotto ticket like Jackson or Maitan or Adams. 

5 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Lindor isn’t necessary. The putting together a package for Clevinger part is up to Eppler. He’s the GM. The Angels surely have something that can entice Cleveland, right?

the dodgers are trying to get both. that's what you responded to. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes of course.  The conversation starts with Adell.  Or possibly Marsh, Canning and a lotto ticket like Jackson or Maitan or Adams. 

i don't think there's any angel package in the known universe where the angels get clevinger without giving up adell. i love marsh, but he's not getting it done for clevinger. if somebody says trout, i'll go to a witch doctor and have him curse you with testicular cancer.

as we both know, the angels aren't getting clevinger.

Just now, ukyah said:

i don't think there's any angel package in the known universe where the angels get clevinger without giving up adell. i love marsh, but he's not getting it done for clevinger. if somebody says trout, i'll go to a witch doctor and have him curse you with testicular cancer.

Who knows? Maybe Marsh, Canning and Deveaux could get it done. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Who knows? Maybe Marsh, Canning and Deveaux could get it done. 🤷🏻‍♂️

i'm telling you as a certainty they aren't giving up clevinger for a top prospect package that starts at #74. or whatever marsh is. clevinger is awesome, controlled, and underpaid. you're giving up your first born for that dude. it's why the dodgers/indians trade isn't done because the dodgers are holding out for the 3rd, etc. prospect which is what marsh would be at the top.

it's not happening. set your hopes elsewhere.

if the dodgers do trade for clevinger, it will be interesting to see if gavin lux is included in the deal. because i'm 100% certain they don't want to trade him. 

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i'm telling you as a certainty they aren't giving up clevinger for a top prospect package that starts at #74. or whatever marsh is. clevinger is awesome, controlled, and underpaid. you're giving up your first born for that dude. it's why the dodgers/indians trade isn't done because the dodgers are holding out for the 3rd, etc. prospect which is what marsh would be at the top.

if the dodgers do trade for clevinger, it will be interesting to see if gavin lux is included in the deal. because i'm 100% certain they don't want to trade him. 

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

Damn man, so you’re saying Marsh is nothing special? I thought he’d be worth a lot more given how so many experts here talk about him. 😞 

Just now, Stradling said:

i was misled. didn't fletcher say something about prospects ranked 75-100 and their odds of making an mlb impact in regards to marsh?

in any case, 36 aint getting it done at the top either. i think adell and marsh gets the indians serious attention. i have no interest in that or anything beyond that.

Just now, Angels_Fan said:

Damn man, so you’re saying Marsh is nothing special? I thought he’d be worth a lot more given how so many experts here talk about him. 😞 

i love marsh. i've said too many times not to trade him, but he's not getting you clevinger for the reasons i posted above.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

LOL at benching Pujols. 29 million reasons why he will be starting and playing mostly everyday.

I believe the Angel's knew going in that Pujols role would diminish as he got to the final years of the contract.  What the Angel's havent had a first baseman clearly out produce him yet.  I hope Thais or Walsh may do that this year. 

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

and yet you included Trout? 

Ok. If it makes you happy, I'm optimistic/neutral on Rendon. Optimistic in that I believe he's going to be an MVP candidate. Neutral in that I believe the BA and HR will decrease slightly. Optimistic in that I believe he will be a 5-6 win play. Neutral in that I believe like anyone else, moving to a pitcher park in a different league will take a little bit to get used to.

End result, if say .300/.390 40 DB 25 HR and being among the league leaders in RBI with Trout and Fletcher hitting in front of him.