• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

Just now, Tyler said:

Our farm system has plenty of depth to offer with out gutting it. I'm talking about Peters, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Jahmai Jones, Matt Thaiss, Jared Walsh, Taylor Ward, Michael Hermosillo. These are guys we need to start looking to condense into just 3-4 guys.

Yeah but honestly, what are we going to get for a package of any of those guys? 

8 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Want to know something scary/interesting?

If Eppler isn’t back next season then our next GM has the pieces to make some really big trades. This is something Eppler never really had since he’s been building a system that Dipoto gutted. 
Basically what I’m saying is either Marsh or Adell would be on the block almost immediately.

Lol why? 

It's impossible to say what this team is. This team was on pace for 85-90 wins until late July. It isn't hard to envision a few break-throughs (Heaney, Canning) and returns to average (Upton), and this team winning a lot of games.

There is a reason they actually have to play the games.

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

Upton is at least a 2 or 3 win swing. 

I think he's still going to have issues staying healthy. The knee issues in particular. They open for no surgery, and instead he's just going to try and rest and rehab it. Maybe if he was 10 years younger that would work, but I'm just not sure Upton will stay on the field enough to be worth that 2-3 win swing.

And long story short, I think his absence from the lineup will open up an opportunity for Brandon Marsh later in the year. And once anyone sees what an outfield of Adell in LF, Trout in CF and Marsh in RF looks like, they'll never want to see another alignment.

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

Upton is at least a 2 or 3 win swing. 

Maybe? or he's getting on the wrong side of 30 and this is his fall. Injuries happen when you start to get older and you become less efficient. Hopefully he has another year or two left of above average production. But I wouldn't necessarily guarantee that. 

It would take a lot to get Morton, but I don't see it happening, for multiple reasons.

1. The Rays are a playoff team, I don't see them trading away their staff ace.

2. Morton specifically signed with the Rays because he and his wife's preference to live in that part of the country. He didn't sign with the Angels for a reason.

3. Morton has said that once this contract is finished, he's leaving toward retirement. And even if he decided he'd like to keep playing, he wouldn't re-sign with the Angels, so at any angle, this is a one year rental. 

------

That's one trade that I just don't see happening, at all.

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

Maddon and Callaway are the wild cards for me. I don't know exactly how to value them. But we won 72 games last year. In my mind, I see the following:

Rendon + 5 wins. He's a 5-6 win player but he's replacing essentially La Stella and Rengifo as far as playing time goes. He’s also essentially replacing Bour if LaStella moves to 1B.

Teheran + 2 wins. 

Bundy + 2 wins. He’s better than you think.

Ohtani + 2 wins. He’s a good pitcher. Really good.

Canning's development: +2 wins.

Simmons +2 wins. Was a 6 win player in 2018 so let’s be a little more optimistic here. Plus contract year.

Upton + 4 wins. Was a 5 win switch in 2019, (3.8 vs. negative 0.9) would be huge to get back to 2018 numbers, but 3 wins is not unreasonable.

Trout + 1 win.

Catcher + 1 win.

Pujols. Less playing time equals better production. Net change is 0.

Heaney +1 win. Rebound. 

RF +1. Adell has basically Calhoun’s year, Goodwin comes in at 1. 

Maddon +2 wins. I accounted for the pitching change in the individual pitchers stats, but Maddon is also a much better manager and that will show. 

That puts the Angels up approximately 25 wins, so 97 wins, which is the high end of what I said before. How much does Ryu help?

jpeg
Looking For Online Degree?
You Might Surprise How Easily You Can Get Academic Degree!
www.anyquestion.wiki

Fixed.

I think we're close to Hubs' projection.  Bundy and Teheran alone should improve the starting rotation by 6 wins, mostly because they will pitch behind great infield defense.  

Trout playing a full season instead of missing a month should easily pick up more than 1 win.  

If we add another starter, either via FA or trade, and a catcher, we are plus 3.  (averaging 1.5 each.)

Bouncebacks from 1 of Simmons or Upton, and we'd be in the 90's, win wise.  Just one, not both.  

1 minute ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think we're close to Hubs' projection.  Bundy and Teheran alone should improve the starting rotation by 6 wins, mostly because they will pitch behind great infield defense.  

Trout playing a full season instead of missing a month should easily pick up more than 1 win.  

If we add another starter, either via FA or trade, and a catcher, we are plus 3.  (averaging 1.5 each.)

Bouncebacks from 1 of Simmons or Upton, and we'd be in the 90's, win wise.  Just one, not both.  

Everything that happened last season can happen again next season.

10 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Rendon

I think it’s at the point that the Angels have nothing to lose by going out and paying high on Ryu. With the additions of Bundy and Teheran who can provide innings, and with the 6 day usage of Ohtani, it’s set up perfectly for the addition of the oft injured Ryu. His upside is too great for the Angels to not go and get him. Eppler needs to make it happen.