• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

33 minutes ago, Hubs said:

6 years of control, incl arb.

I actually bet it was Canning, Marsh, and Rengifo for Kluber. They probably want those three plus Jackson for Clevinger. HARD PASS.

Kluber was not even close to being worth that much (look at what the Rangers sent!). You could have made a case that Rengifo for Kluber was equitable with maybe another prospect sent. Canning and Marsh are worth more than Kluber individually, much less together.

Clevinger, on the other hand, is another matter. Three years of arbitration control remaining, projecting $4.5M for 2020. Probably would require two of those names plus 2 other prospects. Canning, Rengifo, and two other Top 15 prospects, probably. When you consider the Indians asked for Marsh this may be a non-starter unless the Angels refused a Kluber-Marsh centered swap but have been discussing a Clevinger-Marsh centered swap (that would be more likely really).

So if that is the case, Brandon Marsh, Griffin Canning, and Jahmai Jones for Clevinger is about right in terms of trade value.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Kluber was not even close to being worth that much (look at what the Rangers sent!). You could have made a case that Rengifo for Kluber was equitable with maybe another prospect sent. Canning and Marsh are worth more than Kluber individually, much less together.

Clevinger, on the other hand, is another matter. Three years of arbitration control remaining, projecting $4.5M for 2020. Probably would require two of those names plus 2 other prospects. Canning, Rengifo, and two other Top 15 prospects, probably. When you consider the Indians asked for Marsh this may be a non-starter unless the Angels refused a Kluber-Marsh centered swap but have been discussing a Clevinger-Marsh centered swap (that would be more likely really).

So if that is the case, Brandon Marsh, Griffin Canning, and Jahmai Jones for Clevinger is about right in terms of trade value.

And I totally agree that Kluber isn't worth a Marsh/Canning/Rengifo, but that doesn't mean that that's not what the Indians asked for. Or two of the three.

And I wouldn't do that Clevinger trade. I know he's great right now and we had him and traded him for a few months of a nothing pitcher, but I'm sure the Red Sox looked at the Jon Smoltz trade and wished it didn't happen.

5:15PM: The Rangers’ calls about Arenado are more “due diligence” for now, Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post reports (Twitter link), though Texas is legitimately interested in the third baseman.

4:21PM: The Rangers missed out on Anthony Rendon, and reportedly have stepped back from the race to sign Josh Donaldson.  However, Texas is still on the lookout for a big-ticket addition at third base, and the club has been in talks with the Rockies about Nolan Arenado, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports (subscription required).

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Would you all consider trading Marsh and Canning in a package for Clevinger?  

I would.

In a best case scenario Canning still doesn’t amount to Clevinger skill wise. Clevinger is under team control for the next 3 seasons. 

We need a top tier pitcher and if we’re going to dangle Marsh anyways why not maximize their values and pair them together and get a top tier guy? 

Lets say we sign Keuchel (who I still want and I still don’t think we’re in a position to take the risk of Ryu on). We have Keuchel/Ohtani/Teheran/Bundy. We add Clevinger and we have a legit rotation. Add in Heaney and the other kids to round out the 6 man rotation. 

If we can sign Keuchel, I hope Eppler is exploring possible trades with a package of Marsh and Canning

4 minutes ago, KDWells said:

I remain steadfast in holding out hope for a Darvish/Contreras deal. Seeing conflicting reports on whether Darvish has a full no trade or a 12 team limited one for this season, but he spoke glowingly of Joe Maddon in his time there as well.

he has a full no-trade for the first 4 years of his contract, then it becomes limited to 12 teams. 

this is year #3 if his 6-year deal. 

24 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Going to spring training this year? Opening day? Congrats on the new gig... and the free summer

Thanks dude! Yep, my flight is booked. 

Working remote from my son's house in Laughlin so I can spend time with him and my grandson at the end of Feb, then driving over to Tempe on the 5th at night or 6th in the morning. Flying back home to Seattle on the evening of the 8th.

Cannot wait! 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

he has a full no-trade for the first 4 years of his contract, then it becomes limited to 12 teams. 

this is year #3 if his 6-year deal. 

Going off this from Monday, but the full no trade directly after the opt-in wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Connor Byrne
6:57
There was a report the other day saying Yu would not accept a trade anywhere, but I'm unclear on his no-trade clause. Some sources say it's a 12-teamer; others claim it's a full NTC. We're looking into it.