• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

7 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:
43 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

Actually, the Mets and Angels line up pretty well for a trade. I live in Jersey and I get a lot of NYC sports-talk radio and news so I know the Mutts and Stankees pretty well. The Mets are in desperate need of a true center-fielder. They have four outfielders that are all decent or better in Comforto, Cespedes, Nimmo, and JD Davis but none of them are center-fielders.

Also, I think the Mets would be open to trading pitching. Sure, as the old saying goes, you can never have too much pitching, but the Mets probably have too much pitching now. With the additions of Porcello and Wacha to the back of the rotation, they Mets now have seven quality starting pitchers; even with the departure of Wheeler. deGrom, Syndergaard, and Stroman are as good a front-three as there is. Matz, Porcello, and Wacha makes six. Seth Lugo is a starter but he's being sent back to the pen. He's already expressed his displeasure with the move. And Giselman was originally a starter.

Furthermore, these aren't the Angels' pitchers. The Halos had a heck of a lot of starters last season but only because of all the injuries and tragedy. Porcello, Stroman, Matz, Syndergaard, and deGrom all pitched over 160 innings last season. And going back years previous. Wacha seems to be trending back in that direction after his injuries woes of 2018-19. And there's no reason to believe Lugo can't do the same. These guys are all going to want to pitch and there are just so many starts to go around.

The Mets have flirted with trading Syndergaard numerous times before. I think their belief is they'll never be able to afford him when he hits free agency. Now that they've lost Wheeler, another pitcher they openly pursued trading several times, for nothing, they're likely to be more motivated to move Thor. Brandon Marsh is a true center-fielder whose stock has risen a lot in the last six months or so. I think that's enough of a framework for a substantive discussion to be had. I certainly hope that Eppler is having those talks. More so than all the talks we keep hearing about Boston and David price.

That may have been true under the Wilpons  but recently billionaire Steve Cohen announced he's buying the Mets. And they also recently traded for C.F. Jake Marisnick. So it's likely that unless the Angels are offering Trout there's no traction there

The Wilpons will remain in control of the Mets for five more years. Even if Cohen's purchase is approved, and it hasn't been yet, he won't be splashing the cash around until after Syndergaard hits free agency.

Also, Marisnick is a fourth outfielder. He's only topped 300 At Bats once in his career.

Actually no the Wilpons have already admitted that Cohen's infusion of cash allowed them to sign wacha and porcello. So  Cohen is already having an impact. He already was a minority shareholder. He's just buying a controlling interest.

According to Forbes he's worth 13 billion and would be the richest individual owner in baseball. That and he's personal friends with syndergaard.

So I doubt that's happening

Apparently mr Moreno doesn't believe in paying for top line pitching since both the Dodgers and Yankees outbid them for Cole. Especially since eppler called him a priority.

·
13h

There are still a few low risk pitchers on the FA market that are kind of interesting Alex Wood Ivan Nova Drew Smyly Taijuan Walker Danny Salazar Chad Bettis Jerad Eikoff Matt Moore Homer Bailey But if your looking for the difference maker it’s going to be via trade

Alot of Bundy types on the list but if i were to choose 1 out 3, it would be Wood/ Walker or Salazar on a low deal of course. all 3 are injury prone but have talent and put up decent seasons.

Just now, Second Base said:

Hard to say. NL l competition for the Wild Card looks more fierce. Nats, Phillies, Braves, Mets, Cards, Cubs Brewers, Reds, D-Backs and Padres are all going to be right there. Only 4 of them will make the playoffs.

I was basing my statement on the post you responded to.  in said post, we'd be a playoff team.