• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That was for Tyler

tdawg87

1 minute ago, #WeNasty said:

My wife and I were at the game, and because we lead busy lives at times we left in the 6th inning.  I would have loved to have been at the game at the end to witness it, I am also very blessed to watch the final three outs with my brother at the house, as he is the man who introduced me to the game 40 plus years ago.  I was crying from the get go tonight.  I love when sports can push me to the brink of totally losing my mind, tonight was one of those nights.  This season isn’t perfect, but tonight was.  The only thing I can compare it to was being at the game the night after Adenhart passed away.  That was the most proud I have ever been of this team and tonight was a very close second.  You know the game is special when they have won only one championship, one that I was fortunate enough to witness in person, and that is my third best memory of this team.  I love this so much.  

Ditto that Strad.  Glad you could make it at least for a while.  Hope you’ll make it back soon.  

Wish I could’ve been there tonight and was super bummed at the time that my DirecTV app wouldn’t allow me to record remotely because of some tech issue..  

Got home from my grandfather’s celebration of life around the 4th inning.  Heard the first couple innings on the radio, caught up on highlights on the app and Twitter after I got home.  

Watched the incredible end and postgame and the  noticed that when my son recorded the game in Texas he accidentally set the series record option so I have the game recorded afterall.

what an unbelievably emotional day, and this impossible ending really was as uplifting as anyone could ask for and needed by so many.  I know I needed it.

wow.  I just can’t anymore tonight.

good night all

Being there was surreal. It just felt so cool. I don’t know if anyone has the Dee Gordon quote but after the game that was nuts. Throwing a no hitter. 7 runs in the first and 13 total is crazy his b day being 7/13. Somethings u can’t make up. I just can’t imagine being on the field for that what his teammates were feeling. The high and low they will be in tonight. Just unreal. Go Angels 

Thanks for all the great anecdotes. 

I was at Tyler's last game. My yearly visit to see an Angels home game.

I got home a few days ago and just got around to sorting through my luggage and souvenirs. I discovered the two ticket stubs from that game and was working on adding them to a new Angels display as the game was on In the background.

It's rare for Angels games to be broadcast here, and it was 'joined in progress' in the second inning. So I didn't see the seven run outburst. But I wanted to be vicariously part of the tribute experience and followed the rest of the game. 

There was so much emotion, and the big lead allowed the broadcasters the luxury of expressing their memories and feelings without being tied down to the game itself.

But around the seventh inning I realized a no hitter was in progress, and the game itself had so much more drama and electricity. It turned into a legitimate numinous, transcendent experience. So many synchronistic spooky and mind boggling events merging into a once in a lifetime sporting phenomenon. It will take a long time to process it all. 

The night of Skagg's last game was also a 'Christmas in June' promotion. I will use the Santa stocking giveaway as part of my new Angel display, since everything takes on a different meaning. And another selfie from that game, where the lighting now also seems quasi symbolic.P_20190629_202331_BF.thumb.jpg.d2ab960e8adf7e0e99e228e1f9bb8936.jpg

Not only was I at the last game that Tyler was on the bench for (June 30), but yesterday was my mom’s 91st birthday.  

She can’t get to the games any more, but she got to watch a Halos no-hitter on tv on the night of her birthday.

Last night was waaaay beyond just a no-hitter being pitched.

So much emotion tugging at all of us.

7 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Tweet of the night, right there.

Seriously though, I woke up this morning and had to go back through the AngelsWin Twitter and Facebook timelines just to make sure it was real.  It's still surreal. 

I went over to my dad's house last night for some Scotch after my youngest son's baseball game (they won too).  After about 4, I decided I was going to spend the night.  We were out on the deck and went inside to watch the game.  My family had Angels season tickets growing up, so I've got to see so many amazing Angels moments with my dad.  Getting to watch last night's game unfold and watching it with my dad was such a blessing.  If I wasn't able to be at the park last night, there's nowhere else I'd rather have been.

Tyler Skaggs was born 7/13/1991 and wore # 45

The Angel's scored 7 runs in the first and 13 in total. Thank you offense!!

7/13

Our pitchers threw a no hitter in 

9 innings of play. Since noone is perfect it's only fitting that we throw in 1 walk

or 1 walk in 9 innings.

So we don't let that 1 walk go to waste it needs to be on 4 straight balls in the 5th inning. #45.

I just want to say thank you to the

Angel's in heaven and on earth!!

Tyler Skaggs 7/13/1991. #45

Believe!!!