• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Angels Stadium in Long Beach?

ettin

8 minutes ago, krAbs said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-los-angeles-angels-might-move-to-long-beach/

Interesting points, IMO. I hadn't thought so much about the Olympics angle of it all (from LB's perspective).

So, what events are going to be able to be held in the LB Angels baseball stadium?

Essentially, the Long Beach waterfront will become a waterfront sports park, hosting a variety of sports and events including BMX, water polo, sailing, marathon swimming, triathlon events, and the good ol’ nail-biter that is handball. Like the Valley Sports Park being proposed at the Sepulveda Basin Recreational Park, much of Long Beach will have temporary structures that are decorated with purple-pink-yellow spectrum of the Olympic bid’s branding.

Edited by yk9001

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, yk9001 said:

So, what events are going to be able to be held in the LB Angels baseball stadium?

Essentially, the Long Beach waterfront will become a waterfront sports park, hosting a variety of sports and events including BMX, water polo, sailing, marathon swimming, triathlon events, and the good ol’ nail-biter that is handball. 

olympic handball is a lot of fun to play. we used to teach it here at my school. kids really enjoyed it.

I love that area of Long Beach, so much that we bought a condo adjacent to the proposed site after the housing bubble.  So this would be incredible if it happens, although unfortunately I'd have to hang over the railing to see a game from the unit (it faces east dammit).  But the downtown there has really been improved since I was a kid and nothing brings in more investment capital like a stadium project.

For those of you old enough to remember San Diego prior to the Padres stadium being built downtown, it's absolutely stunning to see what it helped to do for what is now the gaslamp area and one of the most beautiful cities and ballparks.

12 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Net worth‎: ‎US$8.5 billion (November 2018)

Which is surpassed I believe by his wife.  

Edit:  My bad.  Looked it up.  His wife is only worth $6.7 billion.  She's slacking.  

Edited by gotbeer

19 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

My priorities:

1. Angels stay in Anaheim.

2. Move to my hometown of Tustin.

3. I could live with them in Long Beach as long as they stay in Orange County.

your hometown is Irvine 

So....you didn't hear it from me. Speaking with representatives from the City of Anaheim (those in charge of budgeting and obtaining and maintaining insurance), they are under the impression that they are out of the running for the Angels....don't shoot the messenger.

For reference I work at the brokerage responsible for every line of insurance for every City and County in California.