• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Angels Stadium in Long Beach?

ettin

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So....you didn't hear it from me. Speaking with representatives from the City of Anaheim (those in charge of budgeting and obtaining and maintaining insurance), they are under the impression that they are out of the running for the Angels....don't shoot the messenger.

For reference I work at the brokerage responsible for every line of insurance for every City and County in California.

Are these sources similar to Chucks sources on Machado?

16 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

No these are the sources who are responsible for the coverage for the City. They have to provide information a year in advance to budget for the next fiscal year...these figures have been omitted.

The Angels are leaving Anaheim in a year?

Man, Long Beach is going to be setting speed records for building a stadium.

4 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Might as well just throw a stadium in downtown LA near Staples if they want to move to LB so badly. Same sh*t traffic... But I live in Colorado now so what difference does it make for me 

That's my thought.  If you want to be Los Angeles, go nuts and actually be Los Angeles.

Problem is that downtown area (say Staples to the old Transamerica building) has grown incredibly in the last 8 years.  Used to be old crappy buildings and janky parking lots.  Now it's condos and high rises.

49 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The Angels are leaving Anaheim in a year?

Man, Long Beach is going to be setting speed records for building a stadium.

Based on what i'm hearing from those who actually have a say in the decisions they aren't expected to renew. Could that change sure...but as of right now the documentation and conversations aren't promising. They have to secure the insurance as stadiums aren't generally self funded for that type of exposure.

I am not familiar with these insurance details.  From what you know, where do you expect the Angels to be playing in 2020?

44 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Based on what i'm hearing from those who actually have a say in the decisions they aren't expected to renew. Could that change sure...but as of right now the documentation and conversations aren't promising. They have to secure the insurance as stadiums aren't generally self funded for that type of exposure.

53 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I am not familiar with these insurance details.  From what you know, where do you expect the Angels to be playing in 2020?

No joint power authorities who would operate and maintain the Stadium has been formed or requested. In other words, not likely a "new stadium" is in the works as of yet. I have no idea where they would go as nothing has come across my desk as far as proposals to add such exposure. The insurance world takes a long time to get such a massive thing approved. For instance, it took over 3 years to get the 49ers stadium authority to be approved as the exposure was declined by the City.

The information I have is from the City of Anaheim being extremely pessimistic about their ability to retain the team. Their best guess is that they are determined to move to somewhere in LA. Again, that's just a hunch by the current powers that be.

18 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

No joint power authorities who would operate and maintain the Stadium has been formed or requested. In other words, not likely a "new stadium" is in the works as of yet. I have no idea where they would go as nothing has come across my desk as far as proposals to add such exposure. The insurance world takes a long time to get such a massive thing approved. For instance, it took over 3 years to get the 49ers stadium authority to be approved as the exposure was declined by the City.

The information I have is from the City of Anaheim being extremely pessimistic about their ability to retain the team. Their best guess is that they are determined to move to somewhere in LA. Again, that's just a hunch by the current powers that be.

But that was a brand new stadium. Would a policy really take a long time to write if there is already an existing policy? Wouldn't the city and the team just try to extend the current policy?

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

But that was a brand new stadium. Would a policy really take a long time to write if there is already an existing policy? Wouldn't the city and the team just try to extend the current policy?

the Angels have a lease through 2020.   And it's not just the Angels that function in the stadium.  There are other events that need to be insured.  

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Exposures on all stadiums have to be underwritten. If the angels were to leave the stadium, the City is looking at a far smaller exposure for the stadium. Less people, less foot traffic = less liability exposure to the City. As of right now, they have been omitted whereas they have always been included in the past. just food for thought. My guess is negotiations aren't going well.

41 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Exposures on all stadiums have to be underwritten. If the angels were to leave the stadium, the City is looking at a far smaller exposure for the stadium. Less people, less foot traffic = less liability exposure to the City. As of right now, they have been omitted whereas they have always been included in the past. just food for thought. My guess is negotiations aren't going well.

Not disagreeing with you, just don't understand how or why next year's insurance isn't being underwritten.

At worst, they are there through next year for sure

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Not disagreeing with you, just don't understand how or why next year's insurance isn't being underwritten.

At worst, they are there through next year for sure

2019/2020 is done, in the books were good to go. its the following year 2020/2021 that is in the works now. Fiscal years in the majority of commercial insurance don't start January 1. They begin July 1.

On 2/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, angelsnationtalk said:

Not at all. But given more land to develop, loyal Angels wouldn't have to travel too far, and less traffic.... That could be a much better scenario. I think if Arte really wanted to build a new stadium then he should develop a new one in his own parking lot. Develop more buildings and nightlife then have the stadium face that instead of the freeway.

This woudn't be such a bad view.

AX68_136-00002.jpg