• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Angels Stadium in Long Beach?

ettin

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

So instead of the view of the Long Beach harbor you think the defunct Marine Corps blimp hangers is a better backdrop?

Not at all. But given more land to develop, loyal Angels wouldn't have to travel too far, and less traffic.... That could be a much better scenario. I think if Arte really wanted to build a new stadium then he should develop a new one in his own parking lot. Develop more buildings and nightlife then have the stadium face that instead of the freeway.

7 hours ago, mancini79 said:

Absolutley. Probably one of the best views in a stadium I've seen.

spg_1489759539.jpg

Been there, nice venue. For some reason our GPS couldn't navigate us out of the stadium to the bridge directly and wound us entirely around the island. Most of Pittsburgh was like that, the GPS kept getting lost or maybe it was linked to the department of tourism and made sure we saw a lot of the city. 

spg_1489759539.jpg

Been there, nice venue. For some reason our GPS couldn't navigate us out of the stadium to the bridge directly and wound us entirely around the island. Most of Pittsburgh was like that, the GPS kept getting lost or maybe it was linked to the department of tourism and made sure we saw a lot of the city. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Not at all. But given more land to develop, loyal Angels wouldn't have to travel too far, and less traffic.... That could be a much better scenario. I think if Arte really wanted to build a new stadium then he should develop a new one in his own parking lot. Develop more buildings and nightlife then have the stadium face that instead of the freeway.

He has no choice over development of the area and Anaheim owns the stadium and land. 

spg_1489759539.jpg

That's a great view, no doubt. But 99.9 percent of baseball fans go to see what's on the field.

Non-baseball fans might go ONCE to see the view...........maybe. Maybe not with a seat, a beer and a hot dog pushing 50 bucks at many stadiums. Especially in SF.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You don't read much about what has gone on with that over the last ten years. Anaheim has refused to lease Arte the land for development. It's why he refused a long term contract, there is no profit in staying there and having to retrofit a 55 year old stadium on his own dime. 

That's super interesting because one of the Long Beach Post's articles this morning talks about how Arte is a small government Republican.

https://lbpost.com/commentary/dreams-of-the-angels-morenos-background-gives-long-beach-a-reason-to-believe/

Arte is small government.  

Until he wants his handout.

19 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

They fit a temporary swim stadium in that space for the US Olympic Trials a decade plus ago.

Barely.

Not sure I am seeing how a baseball stadium is going to fit in there.

And I've seen the average age of a major league baseball fan.  The Blue Line stop is a decent walk from there.

They fit Target field in 10.5 acres so it's possible if tight.

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Too bad there's no land available in Bixby Knolls. With temps most summer evenings in the mid-90's and absolutely no marine layer, Trout would easily hit a hundred home runs. I could also walk to the stadium, if it weren’t for the excessive heat.  

1 minute ago, floplag said:

well... at least the "los angeles" would make some sense.   

Of course one of the reasons the team didn't move to Long Beach in the first place back when the team was looking for a permanent home was the city's insistence of using Long Beach in their name.

If you were to ask...what would be the worst place I could put a stadium in regards to ease of access...you probably couldn't find a better spot. 710 is the closest freeway, and is down to something like 2 lanes feeding into the waterfront area. Can feed people down side streets that are, at best, 2 lanes with no left hand turn signals.

Access from the south would be through Belmont Shores and Ocean or taking the 405 North through one of it's busiest stretches.  Access from North Orange County and IE would be the 22 and then feeding through side streets.

That would just be a total clusterfuck

Just now, yk9001 said:

How far is this from the proposed stadium?

blue_line_rev.jpg

Also, one fwy entrance.  Otherwise, from say the 405, on game day, that is 30 minutes or more to get there.

I think that's north of Pine...so it's 3-4 good sized blocks if I remember correctly