• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Angels Stadium in Long Beach?

ettin

Those familiar with the talks said the stadium would potentially be constructed on a roughly 13-acre lot southeast of the Long Beach Arena and Performing Arts Center. The “elephant lot”—so-named for its days hosting the Ringling Bros. Circus—is among the largest undeveloped parcels of land in Downtown Long Beach.

8 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

Interesting if true but they would lose a lot off season seat holders from south OC the traffic would be a nightmare to get to this location 

I'm sure it would but at the same time it puts them in Los Angeles county and there's people north of the proposed location that could pick up the slack.

I used to work in downtown LB years ago and my first thought is this would be a nightmare as far as traffic goes.  Long Beach would be closer to me but I think the current location is better suited to deal with the traffic.

I mean on the one hand, they'd be able to call themselves the LA Angels ithout any snickering involved, which would be nice, and the stadium would definitely reflect the culture of the area. And waterfront location would be highly ideal. But, 13 acres isn't enough space and the traffic would be an absolute nightmare. But if they could develop a train system like the Padres do, it could alleviate some of that.

i still don't think there's anything as ideal as the Angels current gig. Big parking lot, lots of room for development, dedicated fan base, easy access to freeways. The Angels and the city just need to work it out. New ballpark or completely renovated one to match the culture of the area and an agreement to develop the nightlife around it.

14 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I mean on the one hand, they'd be able to call themselves the LA Angels ithout any snickering involved, which would be nice, and the stadium would definitely reflect the culture of the area. And waterfront location would be highly ideal. But, 13 acres isn't enough space and the traffic would be an absolute nightmare. But if they could develop a train system like the Padres do, it could alleviate some of that.

i still don't think there's anything as ideal as the Angels current gig. Big parking lot, lots of room for development, dedicated fan base, easy access to freeways. The Angels and the city just need to work it out. New ballpark or completely renovated one to match the culture of the area and an agreement to develop the nightlife around it.

I completely agree 

If the Angels were to ever move then it should have been to the Orange County Great Park. This land used to be where the el toro base was and it’s a massive piece of land. Would still keep the fans they currently have and give Arte a chance to develop new land and stadium he wants. Problem is that it’s even more in OC sooooooooo Orange County Angels? Or we could be awesome and go back to California Angels.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

13 Acres doesn't leave enough room for parking. Getting out of a parking structure with 40,000 others would be a nightmare.

They already have parking structures on the property. San Diego Padres stadium is primarily parking structures, never had a problem getting in and out of that venue.