• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

8 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Will you please stop posting rational thoughts.  I was just starting to enjoy the thread meltdown and you have to post this.  Can't we just enjoy a little insanity before some of these posters come to their senses?

i humbly apologize. i don't know what came over me.

maybe it's because i did a binge watch of the hunger games today and was tired of all the deception.

Regardless of the details, we didn't get Ramos and I'm disappointed.   I understand that it's a two way street and he would have to want to come here but that doesn't give much consolation.  

We're obviously not an attractive destination for free agents right now for whatever reason.  Perhaps its coincidence.  It could be that we don't look like a contender or maybe that we're just not stepping up financially.  Whatever it is, it kinda blows.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Regardless of the details, we didn't get Ramos and I'm disappointed.   I understand that it's a two way street and he would have to want to come here but that doesn't give much consolation.  

We're obviously not an attractive destination for free agents right now for whatever reason.  Perhaps its coincidence.  It could be that we don't look like a contender or maybe that we're just not stepping up financially.  Whatever it is, it kinda blows.  

It’s definitely a disappointment, but should they go and get cervelli for cheap or Austin hedges that frees up more cash for other players. We’re angels fans, dissapointment should be second nature for us by now. I’m sure they’ll sign someone that we really like or really hate and we’ll talk about it endlessly. For now, can’t we all just be miserable together ?

Could we see a trade of Kole for Salavador Perez?  It would save KC future money and keeps the Angels at the same for this year.  It also gets the Angels a 28 year old catcher for $10 million this year and $13 million per year for the next two years.  Not sure if we would have to grab one of their expensive pitchers to make it worth it for the Royals or not.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Could we see a trade of Kole for Salavador Perez?  It would save KC future money and keeps the Angels at the same for this year.  It also gets the Angels a 28 year old catcher for $10 million this year and $13 million per year for the next two years.  Not sure if we would have to grab one of their expensive pitchers to make it worth it for the Royals or not.  

I’m sure a couple of B level prospects will go the other way

everyrhing eppler says it’s about saving the farm

I am watching the Rams game and they are showing guys in the stands, so they show Aaron Judge then they show Tommy Lasorda and talk about him.  Standing next to Lasorda was Scioscia, they make no mention of him.  Oh and obviously this means Scioscia lost on purpose because he was always a Dodger at heart.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

This is actually a good target I haven't seen come up yet. Nice work.

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Nope

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

the royals were pretty adamant that they were not trading salvador perez. i don't think there's any chance at all of this happening, especially for an angel cast off.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Who the hell would want to play in TB? Not exactly an attractive situation there.

Turns out, he lives there.
https://theathletic.com/718689/2018/12/17/rosenthal-allure-of-the-2019-20-free-agent-class-yanks-shopping-andujar-happs-confidence-more-notes/

"Morton, a resident of Bradenton, Fl., not far from the Rays’ home in St. Petersburg, accepted the same $30 million guarantee over two years that the Rangers gave Lynn over three."

Article also mentions the Angels were believed to be in with Happ, including the Reds and the Phillies, and that Happ did have offers of a guaranteed three years. 
Not sure Eppler would have gone that far, but he might have. Happ still chose NYY and their deal with less years. 

Still seems like they're giving it legit effort, but just don't match up with the preferences of this FA class.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I can't help but feel that these reports are a bunch of speculative crap. 

"Sources confirm."

Hell, angelswin.com could be considered a source.  But yeah, at this point, Grandal is possibly the best option left.