• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

6 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Getting hard to keep up the optimism here...feeling like we are going to roll out the same disappointing squad next year, maybe even worse... 

Ramos at 2/$19 is a steal. Could we be in on Realmuto at this point? 

I still find it hard to believe we're in seriously on Realmuto, given what the Marlins seem to want.  In addition to the prospect haul that would be required, he's gonna get really expensive pretty quickly in arbitration/an extension.  Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't mind a 1- or 2-year cheapo deal for Matt Wieters, just to see if he's got anything left in the tank.  I'd rather do that than overspend on Grandal or give up too much for Realmuto.

6 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Getting hard to keep up the optimism here...feeling like we are going to roll out the same disappointing squad next year, maybe even worse... 

Ramos at 2/$19 is a steal. Could we be in on Realmuto at this point? 

I think this is a solid no.  Have you looked at what they’re apparently asking for ? 

I’m not trying to be negative here.  But we’re pretty much just left with Grandal now.  Which I guess is fine.  But imo, significantly less ideal then Ramos.  Especially the comp pick part. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Why do I feel like Eppler is in on all these guys and is just constantly striking out.

because I think that's exactly what's happening.  And the more we strike out, the more other players are going to go elsewhere.  If we had Eovaldi and Happ right now, I would guess Ramos would be more likely to consider us.  

I really don't want Grandal but we've got exactly jack dick at catcher right now.  Ramos was the perfect fit and that is very much an affordable price.  

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I still find it hard to believe we're in seriously on Realmuto, given what the Marlins seem to want.  In addition to the prospect haul that would be required, he's gonna get really expensive pretty quickly in arbitration/an extension.  Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't mind a 1- or 2-year cheapo deal for Matt Weiters, just to see if he's got anything left in the tank.  I'd rather do that than overspend on Grandal or give up too much for Realmuto.

I don't think we're in on Realmuto.  Everything Eppler has said tells me we're not.  

43 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Glad the Angels didn’t sign Ramos. 

Why? The team needs a catcher in a bad way and for a 2 year commitment that was a great fit. 

You don’t go into a season with Briceno at starting C if you are trying to make the playoffs 

I’m sure they’ll get somebody but that was a golden opportunity to get a good player and not have to make a long term commitment to him

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

I think Maldonado is coming back. We need his presence behind the plate. Once he’s signed then pitchers will want to play and sign here. 

First of all that’s complete BS. But if it were true for some reason, Then they should have signed him day 1 of the offseason.

i also disagree that Maldonado coming back is a good thing. He’s way worse than Ramos/Grandal and IMO you can only get away with a starting C that bad offensively if every other hitter in your lineup rakes. Which isn’t the case for the Angels

The Mets have reached an agreement with free-agent catcher Wilson Ramos, pending a physical, according to Andy Martino of SNY. Daniel Alvarez Montes of ElExtrabase previously reported the two sides had agreed to a contract. It’s a two-year pact, Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets. The deal is worth $19MM, per Jon Heyman of Fancred, though Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports Ramos will receive a $19.5MM guarantee and an option for 2021. Post colleague Ken Davidoff adds that Ramos could make up to $26MM.

59 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Supposedly their “top target” 

starting to be hard to believe that they’re serious about getting any of these guys. 

51 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Ok, what the heck is Billy even doing now? Ramos at 2 yr 19mil is a bargain and he couldn't match the price or give him an extra option?