• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, I checked....  Ausmus' starting catcher averaged 112 games during his stint in Detroit.    

Franchise over!!!

How many teams even start a primary catcher more than 110-120 games nowadays?    The Bob Boones in their Halos days (7 years, close to 140 games average) are few and far in between, anymore.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maybe not, 1st base is not a premium position so Bellinger's value is depreciated. Regardless the Marlins are acting like they have Johnny Bench in his prime up for trade. They don't and won't get that kind of package. 

Bellinger is athletic enough to play a good outfield.

9 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Cozart is not ruining the team, at least not financially.

However, he has underperformed as an Angel, has been a soft spot in our lineup, thus overpaid, and if he doesn't bounce back, he is throwing a monkey wrench into our plans of having homegrown talent taking over second and third, and/or our dreams of signing Manny Machado.

To me, Cozart is a good example of a "bad contract" that allows for some room for recovery. I think contracts like Cozart's are risks worth taking for a reliable closer.

If it works out, you get a contending team. I can't say the same even if Cozart were to put up his all-star numbers again next year, and still not have a reliable closer on your team.

let me give you the facts on cozart, and not the perceptions.

cozart has had a grand total of 224 at bats as an angel. he got hurt, played hurt, then had to shut it down halfway into the season. his season is nothing more than lost to injury.

during this lost season, here is what his actual performance was:

home: 109 AB/ .156 avg./.248obp/ .505 ops+

away: 115 AB/ .278 avg./ .344obp/ .805 ops+

his overall numbers, in his half season, were dreadful because he was exceptionally bad at angel stadium. his road numbers were way above average. he just needs to improve on hitting at angel stadium, and he'll become everybody's darling. 

Such a weird offseason. I think it’s safe to say the Angels have made some questionable moves so far. I do like the Bour signing however, and with Billy it’s more of a trust the process type thing anyway.

One thing that hasn’t been brought up much as a concern is relief pitching... Am I the only one massively concerned about this? 

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

cozart has had a grand total of 224 at bats as an angel. he got hurt, played hurt, then had to shut it down halfway into the season. his season is nothing more than lost to injury.

his overall numbers, in his half season, were dreadful because he was exceptionally bad at angel stadium. his road numbers were way above average. he just needs to improve on hitting at angel stadium, and he'll become everybody's darling. 

I am sure being a year older and coming off surgery he will be much better this year than he was last year. Guy had a great year in his contract year got paid and went back to being who he was prior to his contract year.

13 minutes ago, ukyah said:

I know what I saw. He was a fly ball machine just like Kinsler.

If he can get back to his career averages, which I think he can, we would be getting our money's worth.

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

I don't get that signing. Tatis/Urias is a solid future at SS/2B.

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
For now, even with Kinsler agreement, #Padres still envision Urias as their second baseman, according to a source. Kinsler will play some at third base while also mentoring Urias and Tatis and providing leadership. Kinsler’s career experience at third: Two innings.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

Why will he suddenly improve hitting at home?