• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

38 minutes ago, popo85 said:

Ramos for that price was a big whiff by Eppler 

41 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

the path to contention is getting harder. I hate to be dramatic on December 16th, but there were some options for reasonable prices that we should have been all over IMO. 

Id love to know what’s eppler’s plan is

34 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

lol at losing out on Ramos who was our “primary target” at 2/19...

Things aren’t looking good for us

We haven’t done much to show we are contenders especially when Houston has the division locked up before camp even opens 

15 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Not really.  Best fit FA catchers and SP are now off the board.  Yes the Japan guy sounds great but that is uncertain.  Bour and bourjos = boring 

Japanese guy. Lots of starters available. Catchers are still available. Relievers still available. As are Harper and Machado. This team will be a championship caliber team when the season starts 

I think the Angels are in a good place still. Padres, Reds, and Dodgers are most interested in Realmuto now. If San Diego or Cincy gets him, it displaces a trade option for the Angels. If Dodgers get him, it is one less Grandal suitor. Or everyone may move on from Realmuto because his price is too high, and the Angels are able to find a middle ground with Miami.

3 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

No, we could have made a small trade or signed Billy Hamilton as a stop gap until Adell or Marsh are ready.

And even we did have  LF problem, Machado still provides a higher war than both combined and is 6 years younger.

it's fascinating to me that you have suggested making the team worse for a year or two. as if you don't already complain enough about this team.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

No one is assuming that.

plenty of people are assuming that the angels blew this deal. 

perhaps this is a good time to remind everyone that not a single one of us knows what goes on in these negotiations. players have all kinds of reasons for why they sign where they do, and why they don't sign with teams x, y, or z. 

people need to stop assuming that the angels are just sitting on their thumbs because a player you wanted didn't sign here.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

would you rather have bourjos or billy hamilton?

I don’t think this is a fair question.  Bourjos is on a minor league deal and there’s a really good chance he won’t even make the team.  Hamilton is going to start for the Royals.  Completely different situations. 

I didn’t want Billy Hamilton. 

I find it unlikely that the Angels just got played by team Ramos.  I think they have their number and they’re not going to deviate from that number.  That is becoming more and more clear with Eppler.  You take the good with the bad with that. 

I just don’t buy that they were too dumb to know that he wanted to play on the east coast.  And I also think it’s unlikely that they were just duped into driving up his price in the negotiations with the Mets.  It’s not like he signed some huge deal.  

Whats likely is what I said above.  They wouldn’t budge off their number and he signed the bigger deal.  Or he preferred the east coast and the Angels didn’t raise their number enough to bring him west. 

Whether you regard that as blowing it or not, I’ll leave that to everyone to deceive for themselves. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think this is a fair question.  Bourjos is on a minor league deal and there’s a really good chance he won’t even make the team.  Hamilton is going to start for the Royals.  Completely different situations. 

I didn’t want Billy Hamilton. 

was just curious since both of their names came up in this thread and both are similar players (can't get on base and thus greatly under utilize their speed).

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

plenty of people are assuming that the angels blew this deal. 

perhaps this is a good time to remind everyone that not a single one of us knows what goes on in these negotiations. players have all kinds of reasons for why they sign where they do, and why they don't sign with teams x, y, or z. 

people need to stop assuming that the angels are just sitting on their thumbs because a player you wanted didn't sign here.

Will you please stop posting rational thoughts.  I was just starting to enjoy the thread meltdown and you have to post this.  Can't we just enjoy a little insanity before some of these posters come to their senses?