• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

48 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Trout's the sort that wants to win, and will be looking to play for an organization that he has a connection with in the players and front office personnel, and then of course, one that pays what he's worth AND surrounds him with other talent to maintain a perennial winner. And finally, he's looking for a low key environment where he doesn't need to be the center of attention.

Thats an incredibly specific list of teams that will likely be involved.

Financially, that narrows it down to the Angels, Astros, Twins, White Sox, Red Sox, Yanks, Nats, Phils, Mets, Cubs, Cards, Dodgers, Giants. That's 13 teams. Then we can narrow it by likelihood of spending, because others will have expenditures of their own that they'll need to take care of. So now it's Angels, Twins, White Sox, Red Sox, Yanks, Nats, Phils, and Giants. So now 9 teams. Then there's the continual media circus he'll want to avoid, which eliminates the Yanks and Sox, so 7 teams. And then we go with winner that can be sustained, which requires at least a decent farm system and a team with a plan and solid core to build around at the major league level. 

So now it's the Angels, White Sox, Nats and Phils. 

The last part....I can't say for sure which teams he actually knows the players and personnel of. Just a guess, but probably the Angels, and the Phils because Klentak was around when he was in the minors and his first few years in the majors.

So Angels vs Phils. Staying home vs going home. 

Trout wins either way.

Philly would be a circus for him personally because of all the people he knows in that area.  

39 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Philly would be a circus for him personally because of all the people he knows in that area.  

I could see that. There are arguments for and against going home. From a personal standpoint, I never intended to move back to my hometown, until it actually came time to settle down and start a family, then suddenly hometown was an ideal place to raise a family. The only reason I bring it up is because Trout will be 29, and that's right where I was. 

So I understand if he chooses Philadelphia. But then again, its better to go home than stay home. 

From MLTR:

The Angels have had a tough time building a winner around Mike Trout, but they’ve suffered their share of bad luck too, particularly in the rotation, per Jonah Keri of cbssports.com. The history of injuries to promising rotation arms is disheartening: Garrett Richards with knee issues in 2014 leading up to Tommy John surgery, Matt Shoemaker getting hit in the head with a line drive near the end of a promising 2016 season, Tyler Skaggs with Tommy John in 2016, Andrew Heaney’s various ailments that kept him sidelined for most of 2016 and 2017, and of course, Shohei Ohtani’s latest injury – and that’s before even touching on the bullpen. Keri documents the poor performances of acquired position players as further misfortune suffered under Arte Moreno’s leadership: Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, Zack Cozart and Josh Hamilton all disappointed relative to their pre-Angels production. It does begin to feel like the Angels are cursed, and yet poor major league scouting could also be the culprit in many of these cases. The recent deal for Matt Harvey and Trevor Cahill, then, nicely sidestepped the issues above by building pitching depth on short-term deals, and Keri suggests a furthering of that strategy by pursuing buy low candidates like Sonny Gray, Julio Teheran or even Yasmani Grandal, should his asking price come down.

26 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Gee, I wonder how he manages, attending all these Eagles games, obviously spending all his Christmases there. It must be really trying on him.

Theres a slight difference between showing up to a game, as a fan, of a sport you dont play, once every few weeks, as opposed to playing there 7 days a week, every other week, for six months.

But then again you still dont believe hes ever eaten pizza in socal, because theres no pictures of it, either.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theres a slight difference between showing up to a game, as a fan, of a sport you dont play, once every few weeks, as opposed to playing there 7 days a week, every other week, for six months.

No, there's a HUGE difference, that apparently is beyond you and Strad. You have no choice but to be where you work, when you are working. 

But when he has a choice, like at the holidays, he's back home. Where he's been since the season ended.

'Course, I guess he coulda flown the entire family out to SoCal for pizza on State College at Christmas, huh? What was he thinking?????

Tick...........tick............tick.

6 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

No, there's a HUGE difference, that apparently is beyond you and Strad. You have no choice but to be where you work, when you are working. 

But when he has a choice, like at the holidays, he's back home. Where he's been since the season ended.

'Course, I guess he coulda flown the entire family out to SoCal for pizza on State College at Christmas, huh? What was he thinking?????

And what you don’t understand is he was perfectly comfortable signing a lifetime contract.  But keep up with your narrative.  I almost want to see an extension as much to shut people up as I do to see him play his whole career here.   

Tick tick tick 

12 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

well, I guess that makes him like just about every other player in the game.  

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Youre right dude. You win again.

Trout not only wants to be home, he wants to play football.

Ohtani is in Japan right now. I guess he'll bail when hes able to.

Do you realize how retarded you sound when pointing out he goes to eagles games? Hes also a Golden State fan. Is he headed to the Giants?

I could post pictures of him eating. Im in them. I could post pics of him at local teams games, like the Ducks. Im in those, too. But you are probably right and Im wrong on what the guy thinks. 

Pizza.

The good news is, according to you, when he bails, arenado and freeman will come home. So we'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Youre tight dude. You win again.

Trout not only wants to be home, he wants to play football.

Ohtani is in Japan right now. I guess he'll bail when hes able to.

Do you realize how retarded you sound when pointing out he goes to eagles games? Hes also a Golden State fan. Is he headed to the Giants?

I could post pictures of him eating. Im in them. I could post pics of him at local teams games, like the Ducks. Im in those, too. But you are probably right and Im wrong on what the guy thinks. 

Pizza.

The good news is, according to you, when he bails, arenado and freeman will come home. So we'll be fine.

Oh and we have a 33% chance of getting Harper, if we can beat out the Dodgers and the Padres for his services.  Gerrit Cole is going to look good in an Angel uniform, as well as Trevor Bauer.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

And what you don’t understand is he was perfectly comfortable signing a lifetime contract.  But keep up with your narrative.  I almost want to see an extension as much to shut people up as I do to see him play his whole career here.   

Tick tick tick 

OK, so he's got an AW guarantee to sign a lifetime contract THIS TIME, because he was turned down by Arte LAST TIME. Let's see how that goes.

Geez, Arte can't seem to make a good decision on a long-term contract, to save his life. 

30 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

OK, so he's got an AW guarantee to sign a lifetime contract THIS TIME, because he was turned down by Arte LAST TIME. Let's see how that goes.

Geez, Arte can't seem to make a good decision on a long-term contract, to save his life. 

Thanks Clod.   Merry Christmas!

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

sometimes I get the feeling that you are rooting for Trout to leave .