• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

13 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I remember when the twins were touting him as the next Mike Trout 

He was at one time the #1 prospect at BBA, MLB, and BBP... so it wasn't just Minnesota that held him in high regard, it just hasn't happened... His K rate as a MLB hitter has kept him from ever building any momentum.  You can maybe live with a guy striking out 30% of the time when they can take a walk, or hit for power.... Buxton has just failed to develop.

Edited by Inside Pitch

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He was at one time the #1 prospect at BBA, MLB, and BBP... so it wasn't just Minnesota that held him in high regard, it just hasn't happened... His K rate as a MLB hitter has kept him from ever building any momentum.  You can maybe live with a guy striking out 30% of the time when they can take a walk, or hit for power.... Buxton has just failed to develop.

And he did plenty of that in the minors too. 

Jon MorosiVerified account @jonmorosi 1m1 minute ag
Sources: #Padres have continued talks with #Marlins on possible J.T. Realmuto trade. If they are successful, Padres could move Austin Hedges in a deal for pitching. @MLBNetwork @MLB

I assume to Cleveland in a package for Kluber makes the most sense, but I'd still like to see the Angels kick the tires on Hedges.

Barria for Hedges plus and then a signing of another SP, like Keuchel or Kikuchi? Angels could probably pull back a reliever (Stammen or Yates), or a good bench player (Pirela or Jankowski) or a solid prospect back.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think eventually Buzton will be a good player, he's just a little slow to adjust so far, and much of that has to do with the swing and miss tendencies, plus being hurt. I figure 2019 or 2020 is whenhe'll finally develop into who he actually is as a player. He'll probably only hit .270, but I think he'll go 20-25 HR's and 30-40 SB. 

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think eventually Buzton will be a good player, he's just a little slow to adjust so far, and much of that has to do with the swing and miss tendencies, plus being hurt. I figure 2019 or 2020 is whenhe'll finally develop into who he actually is as a player. He'll probably only hit .270, but I think he'll go 20-25 HR's and 30-40 SB. 

He's only 25.... he definitely has time...   He is as good a bet to go Jurickson Profar and break through as anyone.    

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports that the Blue Jays are in agreement with Matt Shoemaker on a one-year contract.

The financial details of the deal aren't available at this time. 

Hoping Shoe has a bounce back season but why would he choose an AL East team with 54 games against NY, Boston & Tampa?