• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

Just now, WeatherWonk said:

I'm excited, too. But not from an Angels standpoint. What's to look forward to, this year? We are actually a worse team without Kinsler and Maldonado. Richards gone, still big question marks over Ohtani.

We got stuff for guys with expiring contracts, so that's good. But we have lots of uncertainty at 2nd, 3rd, 1st, relief pitching inc. closer, and starters, moving forward.

I' m really only looking forward to seeing some farm hands brought up and seeing what they can do, for the rest of the year.

We still have Trout to watch. That's enough to keep watching for me, even if the team is far from ideal

I had a surreal moment today while reading the trade stuff.

I was standing in a strip mall parking lot next to my car reading this thread. A guy pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says “Hey mang, you know where is the Dicks?” I almost said “that’s me” or “how did you know” then I remembered Dicks Sporting Goods was there.

1 hour ago, failos said:

That was underwhelming, but it's better than what dipoto is doing. 

Yeah he's been horrible with the Segura haniger and Gonzales trades. Colome and span have been shit too. More relievers for shitty prospects and money is bad! Maybin isn't an upgrade over Heredia at all!

We don't have prospects we're willing to trade that's why we didn't get any SP.

44 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah he's been horrible with the Segura haniger and Gonzales trades. Colome and span have been shit too. More relievers for shitty prospects and money is bad! Maybin isn't an upgrade over Heredia at all!

Colome is just a slump away from being as useless as BadRock is for the Halos.   Span is so-so, how much longer can he produce?  Maybin stunk it up here.   Those relievers are meh.

I'll give you Gonzales, Segura, and Haniger.    But, as people need to be replaced, there won't be prospects to use to trade for them anymore.

By the way, the M's are just 8-12 in their past 20 games; and if not for Colorado sweeping the A'th, you might be tied with the A'th.  

Just warning you that this season for you = 2014 for the Halos.    Solid but with lots of luck.   After that for the Halos, rebuilding thanks to Dip*ssy's destroying the farm for nothing.   Oh, and signing Baldoquin instead of Vlad Jr., good luck with whatever equivalent to that he perpetrates on the M's.   

He likes to outsmart himself, thinking he's smarter than anyone else.   Oh, and he's a quitter.

17 minutes ago, Ender said:

fixed

9 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

fixed

Plenty of teams would see value in Kyle Lewis, Evan White, Gilbert, Julio Rodriguez, Carlson (until his arm blew up) and Braden Bishop.

Don't get me wrong. Our farm sucks (which is mostly Jack Z's fault). But it isn't absolutely barren.

2 hours ago, failos said:

Trading away International money is not smart when their farm is already dipleted.

I said as much....   

My point was that none of the actual players he's traded away at the deadline held enough value to significantly help turn  their farm system around.   The real damage has already been done.

He's gone full Dipoto.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I said as much....   

My point was that none of the actual players he's traded away at the deadline held enough value to significantly help turn  their farm system around.   The real damage has already been done.

He's gone full Dipoto.

I agree with you.

I think he has too much freedom in Seattle since nobody there can oppose him; but it will be interesting to see how much damage he does in the years to come

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Plenty of teams would see value in Kyle Lewis, Evan White, Gilbert, Julio Rodriguez, Carlson (until his arm blew up) and Braden Bishop.

Don't get me wrong. Our farm sucks (which is mostly Jack Z's fault). But it isn't absolutely barren.

You're right, no team is absolutely barren..... but no team is as barren as the Ms are currently.   

17 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Anyone who's counting on Meyer for consistent and sustained performance at this point in his career is probably fooling themselves.  He's a total wild card.

Like the wild card the Angels got for Fregosi. I think he’ll find his way and be great in the BP.

Edit: Since you marked my post as trolling, I’m not trolling, that is my solid opinion. Guess we’ll see who ends up being right next year.

13 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I will wait for a different site to rank the Angels farm.  I don’t want to be a hypocrite and shit on bleacher report for their recent Trout article, but then find how they rank the Angels as relevant.  I am not saying you are being a hypocrite,  I think you just found someone that ranked our farm and posted it.  I guess at the end of the day they are simply trying to get hits, thus articles like the Trout is leaving the Angels suck.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I will wait for a different site to rank the Angels farm.  I don’t want to be a hypocrite and shit on bleacher report for their recent Trout article, but then find how they rank the Angels as relevant.  I am not saying you are being a hypocrite,  I think you just found someone that ranked our farm and posted it.  I guess at the end of the day they are simply trying to get hits, thus articles like the Trout is leaving the Angels suck.  

Ranking teams from 1-15.  This article is from March 2018

Rankings 30-16

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't know anything the legitimacy about bleacher report or other sites for that matter. I literally just googled mlb farm system rankings and choose one that was updated after the trade deadline passed.

2 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I don't know anything the legitimacy about bleacher report or other sites for that matter. I literally just googled mlb farm system rankings and choose one that was updated after the trade deadline passed.

yea, that is what I figured.  I just know that people on here have a hard on for bleacher report.  It is just good to see that we have a better than average farm again.  We are gathering some serious depth in the system as well.