• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Par for the course.

Rebuild for 2020-21.

I get it. Arte doesn't like to be sellers etc. But no ones at the games anyway right now. This team could have rebuilt the farm even more with some trades. And yet we still have Marte Valbuena still on the current roster. 

Just now, kj_maestro said:

I wouldn't be too upset if we don't trade any of our bullpen ams today; still have the August deadline and maybe teams will be willing to pay more if they're even closer to the playoffs than they are today

those players will have to pass thru waivers. A lot tougher to do.

Just now, Barrett said:

I get it. Arte doesn't like to be sellers etc. But no ones at the games anyway right now. This team could have rebuilt the farm even more with some trades. And yet we still have Marte Valbuena still on the current roster. 

it wasn't about being sellers, it was about the deals that were offered for our "talent'

I wouldn't be too upset if we don't trade any of our bullpen ams today; still have the August deadline and maybe teams will be willing to pay more if they're even closer to the playoffs than they are today

If I am not mistaken the August deadline you have to have a player pass through waivers. Which only means that players who have really high salaries are gonna pass. Or maybe I am wrong on that?

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

If I am not mistaken the August deadline you have to have a player pass through waivers. Which only means that players who have really high salaries are gonna pass. Or maybe I am wrong on that?

Yeah they have to pass through waivers and teams can claim a player they have no intent of actually bringing in just to prevent him from going elsewhere.The salary wouldn't have much of an effect I believe, but nonetheless it is harder to make a deal in August no doubt; just saying that something still can happen so I'm not disappointed

Yeah they have to pass through waivers and teams can claim a player they have no intent of actually bringing in just to prevent him from going elsewhere.The salary wouldn't have much of an effect I believe, but nonetheless it is harder to make a deal in August no doubt; just saying that something still can happen so I'm not disappointed

those players can be traded for players not on the 40 man roster.  We have a ton of talent not on our 40 man roster.  

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

What else did we really have to deal? Relievers? Waguespack for Loup, Copping for Axford today...both are decent pitching prospects but definitely nothing to compel me to move Parker or Alvarez. Eppler set a high price, no one bit.

That's pretty much it... You look at the players moved for RPers.   Nothing really compelling.  The flip side, if the two guys they did acquire pan out then they are a free agent closer away from a solid pen.