• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

We just got two minor league relievers with upside. You can handle losing a couple if teams are willing to overpay. This team is not making the playoffs this year unfortunately. Get overvalue for assets that aren't needed for next year and rebuild the farm with more and more assets. If the value of your house is $500k and people are willing to pay you $750k you sell your house.

3 minutes ago, Barrett said:

We just got two minor league relievers with upside. You can handle losing a couple if teams are willing to overpay. This team is not making the playoffs this year unfortunately. Get overvalue for assets that aren't needed for next year and rebuild the farm with more and more assets. If the value of your house is $500k and people are willing to pay you $750k you sell your house.

One of the reasons we struggled this year was lack of depth in the pen and the only guys we had in the pen that had options, for the most part, were guys that were performing.  So having more guys with options is better.  So if either are traded (I am in favor of trading them) they have to get back major league ready arms or the potential to have players better than what we are giving up, sooner rather than later.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

One of the reasons we struggled this year was lack of depth in the pen and the only guys we had in the pen that had options, for the most part, were guys that were performing.  So having more guys with options is better.  So if either are traded (I am in favor of trading them) they have to get back major league ready arms or the potential to have players better than what we are giving up, sooner rather than later.  

Yes for sure. I am saying the same thing. You don't sell just to sell but it seems teams are over paying and if you can sell what is of value right now. I would even trade off Calhoun right now as well with his turn around. Seeing as he only has at most 1 more year with the Angels after this one. Trade the assets that are in high demand and reap the rewards next year and the year after. Eppler seems to be quite good at finding pitching prospects. I definitely trust him in that aspect. 

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

Yes for sure. I am saying the same thing. You don't sell just to sell but it seems teams are over paying and if you can sell what is of value right now. I would even trade off Calhoun right now as well with his turn around. Seeing as he only has at most 1 more year with the Angels after this one. Trade the assets that are in high demand and reap the rewards next year and the year after. Eppler seems to be quite good at finding pitching prospects. I definitely trust him in that aspect. 

If I am trading Kole and I wouldn't mind trading him, it will have to be for a much more sure thing than two mid twenty year old relievers.  I would look at a young guy on a playoff team that was good last year, but maybe struggled this year and the team likes their chances of winning this year with Kole more than their chances of winning with young guy who is having a sophomore slump.  

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Bryce Harper for Adell, Canning, Suarez, Adams

Realmuto for Jones, Marsh, Maitan, Rodriguez

Just do it Eppler.

I get that Stoneman hoarded too much.   But, do you REALLY want to trade many of the good prospects for two guys, one of whom has had a so-so season and will be an expensive FA (Harper) and another who only RECENTLY started to hit really well (Realmuto)?   

Just now, Stradling said:

If I am trading Kole and I wouldn't mind trading him, it will have to be for a much more sure thing than two mid twenty year old relievers.  I would look at a young guy on a playoff team that was good last year, but maybe struggled this year and the team likes their chances of winning this year with Kole more than their chances of winning with young guy who is having a sophomore slump.  

Completely. Or a higher upside positional player that we are in desperate need of. Maybe a 3rd baseman or middle infielder/starting pitching prospect. Kole was trash for 2 months went on DL and has turned it completely around. I only say trade Kole because I don't think his value will ever be higher than right now. And we have Adell in the wings maybe another year off but you could patch work a RF for one year before he gets here. 

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I get that Stoneman hoarded too much.   But, do you REALLY want to trade many of the good prospects for two guys, one of whom has had a so-so season and will be an expensive FA (Harper) and another who only RECENTLY started to hit really well (Realmuto)?   

Lebron to the Lakers, Machado to the Dodgers, the Angels need to respond with Bryce Harper.

Give him the money he wants. Trout, Ohtani, Harper... west coast Yankees. Then throw in Realmuto and you have something really special offensively. 

Just now, Tyler said:

Lebron to the Lakers, Machado to the Dodgers, the Angels need to respond with Bryce Harper.

Give him the money he wants. Trout, Ohtani, Harper... west coast Yankees. Then throw in Realmuto and you have something really special offensively. 

Sign Harper, ok, trade for Harper today, no fucking way.  

3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Harper is a rental and the odds of him pushing the halos into the playoffs this season are low

I have a feeling Eppler is in on Schoop. He's acquired fellow countrymen Simmons and Gregorius and he'd fill a need. Eppler likes guys with a year remaining on deals. Orioles are motivated to move and get what they can, may be a buy low opp. 

Gausman less so but perhaps bundled as well.