• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Holy shit. That seems like an ungodly haul for Duvall.

First look I though the same thing.  All three of those guys are failed top prospects.  Sims is probably the best of the bunch right now.  Wisler is a mess.  Preston tucker is Cowart.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

First look I though the same thing.  All three of those guys are failed top prospects.  Sims is probably the best of the bunch right now.  Wisler is a mess.  Preston tucker is Cowart.  

Yeah looking further, they’ve all definitely lost prospect luster, but still. That’s three fairly significant fairly advanced lotto tickets.

It really hammers home how deep the Braves’ farm is. Duvall is a real interesting buy-low, but still, if one of those guys pans out and another just becomes an average MLB player it tips in the Reds’ favor. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Three 'name' prospects for a corner infielder/outfielder with a '18 OPS+ of 83 and a career OPS+ of 98, basically below MLB average. 

sorry, what I meant was . . . 

can you tell us more about the prospects? you know, for those of us who aren't into the minors as much as others 

5 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

5%. Nats will ask for too much  

not so sure about that.  Indians and Houston seem like ideal destinations.  

I think the #1 and another top 100 from a system plus a couple others gets it done.  

Bryce is a really nice player.  three true outcomes guy who plays below avg defense.  take the name away and that's who he is.  138 career ops+.  

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

sorry, what I meant was . . . 

can you tell us more about the prospects? you know, for those of us who aren't into the minors as much as others 

Sims was a consensus Top 50 pick around ‘14-‘15. High octane 1st Rd’er. He’s struggled in brief MLB action (6 ERA in 20 G/10 GS) but still pitching well at AAA as a 24-yr old. 2.84 ERA, 10+ K9.

Wisler has also disappointed in several MLB stints, but still has some back of rotation projection, is only 25, and was also a consensus Top 50 in ‘14-‘15.

Tucker, at 27, is bordering AAAA talent. Had a lot of hype but hasn’t really topped role player production in the bigs.

Overall it’s just a really interesting grab bag of advanced lotto tix. It’s not quite as big of a haul as I first thought, but could still be a #2, #5, and a decent bench bat for a league average corner outfielder.

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Three 'name' prospects for a corner infielder/outfielder with a '18 OPS+ of 83 and a career OPS+ of 98, basically below MLB average. 

To be fair, the only one that still slightly resembles a prospect is Sims..   Wisler in four years into not being very good.  Tucker is what 27 now and still sporting a negative career war.  Duvall isn't much but at least he's provided value.  Wouldn't really surprise me if the Braves offered those two guys just to clear space on the 40 man

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

To be fair, the only one that still slightly resembles a prospect is Sims..   Wisler in four years into not being very good.  Tucker is what 27 now and still sporting a negative career war.  Duvall isn't much but at least he's provided value.  Wouldn't really surprise me if the Braves offered those two guys just to clear space on the 40 man

Yeah Wisler and Tucker had taken a step back I wasn’t quite aware of. Still, Duvall isn’t anything too special. Agree that it may have been a good way to clear some org clutter for Atlanta.