• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

On 7/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, Revad said:

Petit is what the team has lacked- what was that cost, $8 million for two years?

$11 million for 2 years and his ERA climbed from 2.76 as an Angels to 3.43 as an A's setup man. Strikeouts dropped from 10/9 to 7/9.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Marlins want Robles and Kieboom from the Nats for Realmuto.  Which is basically Adell and Canning.  

Sounds about right.

Were not likely to get anyones top players via trade, because were not trading our few silver bullets. Our farm has improved, but the big club needs them too much.

Arte is going to have to open the wallet this winter.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sounds about right.

Were not likely to get anyones top players via trade, because were not trading our few silver bullets. Our farm has improved, but the big club needs them too much.

Arte is going to have to open the wallet this winter.

yep.  I think Adell is untouchable and we need controllable top of the rotation SP.  Canning could fit that bill.  

Our redundancy is Jones/Rengifo/Fletcher, Marsh and maybe Thaiss.  We have no redundancy on the pitching side.  

Brewers gave up Phillips for Moustakas.  Top 100 guy.  (overrated imo but still.  Personally think Ward and Thaiss are better).  Travis Shaw hasn't played 1 inning of 2b at any level in pro ball.  

Kinsler's value is peaking although losing MIL as a potential destination kinda hurts.  

Interesting, still think if a team trades for him it will probably be an overpay

4N-1LXJQ_bigger.jpgJason ColletteVerified account @jasoncollette
FollowFollow @jasoncollette
More

Jason Collette Retweeted Ken Rosenthal

For Archer's career, he's thrown 48% of his pitches against teams in the AL East. Here are his splits for different metrics ALE vs Rest:

ERA: 4.02 / 3.40

wOBA: .311/.293

K-BB% 17% / 20%

HR/9: 1.12 / 0.88

SwSTR%: 11.8 / 13.5

Chase%: 26.9/29.5

Needs a relocation

Jason Collette added,

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal
#Yankees, #DodgersLADodgers2018.png and #Padres among teams trying for #Rays’ Chris Archer, sources tell me and @JimBowdenGM.

Kinsler > Dozier 

Giants?

"Following trades of Eduardo Escobar and Ryan Pressly, Twins fan favorite Brian Dozier seems all but destined to be donning another uniform on August 1st. Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press reports that both the Indians and Giants have been scouting the second baseman this week, who’s set to become a free agent at season’s end."

“His contract, signed when he was with the Rangers, allows him to veto trades to any club on a 10-team list. According to the New York Post, those teams include not only the Angels, Mets and Brewers, but also the Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Blue Jays, Rays, A's and Padres.

Shit I didn’t realize the Brewers were on the list. I thought it was just CA and NY teams

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

Can Kinsler even be traded? I know he waived his NTC to come here, but I would assume the clause continues to remain valid (meaning, he would have to waive it again if the Angels wanted to trade him).

I don't think you are able to waive a "no trade contract' multiple times.

11 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I assume you are referring to the international money.

Did the Angels directly acquire someone in addition to Sandoval?

I was referring to the international money, which will allow them to acquire more guys or a better guy.  Probably more valuable than the second prospect they could get for a Maldonado.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I was referring to the international money, which will allow them to acquire more guys or a better guy.  Probably more valuable than the second prospect they could get for a Maldonado.  

In future posts, don’t forget to capitalize the name of my new favorite minor leaguer.

684B1949-67E0-48C2-B2D8-8E8197AE70CF.jpeg