• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Would you rather Eppler trade each individually and get multiple prospects back that are under the radar guys that you have to squint a little to see if they will be good major leaguers.  Or would you rather he package a Parker and a Kinsler and get one legitimate major league ready prospect back?  

With relievers getting great hauls and rentals returning much better than last year, I think I'd keep them separate. At most I would maybe package a RP with Kinsler to a team like Boston who has a terrible farm just to make the most of both, or package two RPs together to a rich club like PHI or ATL to get a really good prospect back.

Eppler's trades/claims for minor leaguers, especially pitching, have worked out really well.

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Cost-controlled RP that throws very hard and strikes people out...something we desperately lack. I'm not over the moon for him, but the return better be worth it because we don't NEED to deal him

Devil's advocate: sell high, b/c he has ZERO history of performance anywhere close to this year's.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Devil's advocate: sell high, b/c he has ZERO history of performance anywhere close to this year's.

Fair, but players can improve in their 20s through proper development. Sometimes relievers can take a little longer. I mean the dude has only been a relief pitcher for about a year and a half.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You can almost argue that the three months we've gotten from him are already more than we ever expected, so if you can turn him into another need it's definitely on the table. Especially at the insane price relievers + control are getting.

3 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

What about shopping Kole?

His value couldn't be lower. The only way we get anything for him is if another team has been specifically scouting him and has actually seen his improvement. Most will look at his stats and go eww.

4 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

What about shopping Kole?

I actually think he has value and I would not be opposed to trading him.  That being said I have no idea who needs a right fielder that is in contention.  He brings a GREAT glove as we all know and GMs will trade for a guy performing in the moment.  What is more important at the deadline, someone performing leading up to the deadline or someone who has good number on the year but has been bad the last two months.  

51 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

His value couldn't be lower. The only way we get anything for him is if another team has been specifically scouting him and has actually seen his improvement. Most will look at his stats and go eww.

I don't know about that. He's been Troutian in July and he has a track record, which suggests that the first 3 months are more of the outlier. Plus he's a solid defender. I think the bigger problem is that I don't see much of a match on many of the contenders right now.

Similar #s as Parker, lets see what he's traded for..

Among names #Rangers are considering from #Pirates in Keone Kela discussions, per sources: RHP Tyler Eppler, OF Jordan Luplow, SS Kevin Newman, RHP Dovydas Neverauskas. All are at Triple A. Newman is team’s No. 8 prospect, per @MLBPipeline, Luplow No. 22.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Teams scout everybody all the time....

1 hour ago, 2020worldseries said:

Similar #s as Parker, lets see what he's traded for..

Among names #Rangers are considering from #Pirates in Keone Kela discussions, per sources: RHP Tyler Eppler, OF Jordan Luplow, SS Kevin Newman, RHP Dovydas Neverauskas. All are at Triple A. Newman is team’s No. 8 prospect, per @MLBPipeline, Luplow No. 22.

Kela is 25 with 3 years of arbitration remaining and has 23 saves on the year with a FIP of 2.85, Blake is 33 with 2 years of arb and 10 saves this season with a FIP of 3.85. I don't know if it is really that good of a comparison.