• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2018 MLB Waiver Trade Deadline Thread

jordan

On 7/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, Lou said:

let's recap:

• "our bullpen is crap! . . . Eppler is an idiot for not addressing this in the offseason . . . I'm sick and tired of him trying to find BP arms by dumpster diving!! . . . We don't have a chance of making the postseason with these bums!

• "why didn't Eppler trade any of our relievers???

I never asked why didn't Eppler trade any of our relievers. Just disappointing in the trade deadline that they only made 2 trades

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Big Bump Thursdays!

Time to make this the waiver wire trade thread

In his past 10 innings since July 24, Jim Johnson has pitched 10 innings, 0.70 WHIP, 0.90 ERA.    Maybe they can get more than gumballs for him in a trade after all?    

A couple of more good outings and Eppler might pull off a Rengifo type trade.....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

But he's still young and has been excellent prior. Definitely given us something exceeding expectations for two months of mediocre Joe Smith, even if he never really amounts to anything. 

Best case scenario for guys like Castillo, Madero (who I believe made Midwest All-Star team) and our own Joe Gatto and Luis Pena is that they either attain a Cory Rasmus-like utility for the big-league club, or serve as trade depth for the exact situation that led to us acquiring them in the first place - a reasonable return for a pending FA vet reliever for when we're buyers again.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

But he's still young and has been excellent prior. Definitely given us something exceeding expectations for two months of mediocre Joe Smith, even if he never really amounts to anything. 

Best case scenario for guys like Castillo, Madero (who I believe made Midwest All-Star team) and our own Joe Gatto and Luis Pena is that they either attain a Cory Rasmus-like utility for the big-league club, or serve as trade depth for the exact situation that led to us acquiring them in the first place - a reasonable return for a pending FA vet reliever for when we're buyers again.

Any of those type guys would be a much better return for Johnson than we could have imagined....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Any of those type guys would be a much better return for Johnson than we could have imagined....

And the acquiring team may also take Johnson's remaining salary, which may only amount to a few hundred thousand, but Eppler specializes in trading for useful depth for cash considerations - see Blash, McGuire, Pena, Almonte, Morris...

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

And the acquiring team may also take Johnson's remaining salary, which may only amount to a few hundred thousand, but Eppler specializes in trading for useful depth for cash considerations - see Blash, McGuire, Pena, Almonte, Morris...

Maybe more than a few hundred thousand....he's got a 5 million dollar contract (which was why the Braves wanted rid of him)....

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/johnsji04.shtml

18 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

I can see Dipoto blocking any waiver trade for Johnson. They could use him and they would be the first team in the playoff race that can claim him given their record

That would be funny.....not clown funny, or you amuse me funny.....