• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Valbuena Needs to Go

Blarg

44 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

That’s splitting hairs.  You simply said it better than I did.  If they aren’t ready to fail at this level and learn from it then that is the loss of bringing them up too early.  I’d release both Valbuena and Marte when Cozart comes back.  

Yes please. And if we are not going to make any trades and/or are clearly out of the running early, I’d love to see Ward and thaiss get some regular at bats, and to see what Canning, Suarez, and others arms can do in the Majors. But LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR; I would rather try to improve this club via trades and go for it this year. 

2 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

Valbuena and Kinsler need to be let go.  Let the youth fill their spots.

image.png.e9743dfcbd0a1fa4f657d6943f248281.png

Kinsler would be easier to take in this line-up if he didn't lead-off.  The power is welcome but the dude just does not get on base much...I think they need to get Simmons more ABs by leading him off.

1.  Simmons SS .387 OBP .827 OPS

2.  Trout CF .464 OBP 1.152 OPS

3.  Upton RF .341 OBP .809 OPS

It's a crap shoot after that but at least the odds of someone being on base for the run producers would improve...

What do you think is Valbuena's problem? Bat too slow? Loop in swing? He looks confident up there. I just think he's used too often. I would like him to start no more than 2 times a week. The problem is we don't have anyone better.

20 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

image.png.e9743dfcbd0a1fa4f657d6943f248281.png

Kinsler would be easier to take in this line-up if he didn't lead-off.  The power is welcome but the dude just does not get on base much...I think they need to get Simmons more ABs by leading him off.

1.  Simmons SS .387 OBP .827 OPS

2.  Trout CF .464 OBP 1.152 OPS

3.  Upton RF .341 OBP .809 OPS

It's a crap shoot after that but at least the odds of someone being on base for the run producers would improve...

So I wonder if we go like this...Simmons, Upton, Trout.  The two highest OBP in front of Trout.  They are much more likely to pitch to him with men on base instead of who hits behind him (Upton vs Pujols). 

41 minutes ago, jordan said:

So I wonder if we go like this...Simmons, Upton, Trout.  The two highest OBP in front of Trout.  They are much more likely to pitch to him with men on base instead of who hits behind him (Upton vs Pujols). 

But who knocks him in?  Plus, you potentially take an at bat away from him at the end of the game depending on how the offense performs that night.  He's dominating in the 2 spot, I'd be inclined to leave him there.

3 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

But who knocks him in?  Plus, you potentially take an at bat away from him at the end of the game depending on how the offense performs that night.  He's dominating in the 2 spot, I'd be inclined to leave him there.

It’s more about Trout knocking in runs.  If we increase the chances of runners in front of him, the at-bats he does have might be even more productive. Ive always been a fan of him hitting second but with the lack of offense, this might be a fix for now. But won’t happen. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Valbuena is just a mass of cells in the way.  He was given plenty of opportunity to make the conversation not exist and he failed.

.605 OPS. Bad defense. Expiring contract.

Enough said.  Move on.

Doesn't matter if Angels are buyers or sellers.  He should be jettisoned either way.

Now.

Wish I could give this a thousand Likes.

It is baffling really.  What value does this player bring?  None.

What circumstance keeps him on the roster?  None.

I said he was in the way.  How about specifically. . .

The Angels drafted Kaleb Cowart in the first round in 2010.  They have 8 years invested in him.  There is no good reason to keep him in the minors any more (I know he completing a rehab but I am talking about when that is done).

It is time to figure out if Cowart can handle a job in the bigs, either everyday or as a bench player.

Valbuena is in the way of figuring this out.  Why?

If the Angels were within a couple games of a playoff spot and Valbuena was raking, then I would get it.

I am not some Cowart homer.  In fact I am probably skeptical he is anything more than a bench player.

But even so, let him show he either can or cannot satisfy that role.

Valbuena has shown he cannot satisfy that role.

What is the justification of Valbuena still being on the roster? 

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

After that Kole homerun last night Nobuena was at the end of the dugout and they had a big ol man hug. 

Valbuena whispered in Calhoun's ear... "Man, if you turn it around - they're going to focus on me.  I'm doomed."

17 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I’ve been saying it since last year, this guy needs to go. He’s terrible and just gets worse and worse

everyone complained about Yunel Escobar but this guy is10 times as bad

He was good in the 2nd half of last year, so I understand bringing him back and seeing if he can replicate his .866 OPS from the second half of last year.  Hopefully they don’t keep him around long enough to see if he does that again in the second half of this year.