• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

So you're saying Salas for Grichuck wasn't so bad after all?

Basicly. Calhoun is so terrible this year it makes me miss the days of Quinlan in the OF. At least Quinlan would hit occaisonaly.

17 hours ago, tomsred said:

See the connection here, Bourjos, Grichuck, and Calhoun were all developed in the Angels minor league system.  Oops!

Imagine an OF of Grichuck/Bourjos/Calhoun.....

4 hours ago, CubsFan said:

It's like playing without the DH the way Calhoun is hitting.  I think there are probably a bunch of NL pitchers who are hitting better than Calhoun.

Even Mathis & Brandon Wood hit better with the Angels than Calhoun is this year. Mathis's .600-ish ops looks great compared to Calhoun.

18 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

I’d be interested to know how many games Kole cost the Angels this year.

Can't be that many.  I count 2 possible losses where Calhouns performance made a difference. He had a good game in our first loss against the A's.  We were Hammered in loss to Indians 6-0. Red Sox hammered for 3 losses.  Yanks hammered us in one loss and did not make a difference in the other 2.  Didn't play in the Mariners loss.  Left no one on base in the Astro loss.

One against Rockies we gidp with tying run on 2nd.

One Giants loss went 0/4 left 4 on base

Kind of surprising it only impacted 2 losses

26 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

You could make a case for 3 games. April 22, 25, and 27.  Close games where he did not reach base. That DP in Colorado almost makes it 4.  I know Boston and NY beat us, but 3 games is what separates us from them right now.

I think he saved us from a loss with his defense at least once this year too.