• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

3 hours ago, Dick Enberg said:

Funny thing is there is probably 80, 85 million (annually) tied up in these 10 guys

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

? The 10 worst hitters in baseball. 

Calhoun coming in cold at #1.

IMG_20180509_154505.jpg

Momma always told Kole that if you are going to suck at something be the best at it.

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Really surprised Scioscia has parked him....a couple of games maybe but not four in a row...Scioscia has never been quick to pull the plug on anybody....

Has the GM ever promoted a replacement before?

I am surprised they haven't sent Cole down to AAA

27 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Has the GM ever promoted a replacement before?

I am surprised they haven't sent Cole down to AAA

I would think Scioscia has a say in promotions and he and Eppler listen to minor league coaches.....just seemed un-Scioscia like to sit him for this long....who knows, he’ll probably play him for a week straight now..... 

I don't believe we can send Calhoun down any longer.  I believe the deadline has passed at this point.

I really hope he can figure things out.  This lineup needs some good lefty hitters, and it needs a good Kole Calhoun in it. 

For those saying he needs to be traded, it isn't going to happen for a number of reasons:

1.  You should never trade a player at his lowest value.  "Buy low, sell high" as the saying goes.

2.  Even if they wanted to trade him, I imagine a team would only trade for him if the Angels offered to pay a vast majority of his upcoming salary - so in that case, why even bother?

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

I would think Scioscia has a say in promotions and he and Eppler listen to minor league coaches.....just seemed un-Scioscia like to sit him for this long....who knows, he’ll probably play him for a week straight now..... 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I don't believe we can send Calhoun down any longer.  I believe the deadline has passed at this point.

I really hope he can figure things out.  This lineup needs some good lefty hitters, and it needs a good Kole Calhoun in it. 

For those saying he needs to be traded, it isn't going to happen for a number of reasons:

1.  You should never trade a player at his lowest value.  "Buy low, sell high" as the saying goes.

2.  Even if they wanted to trade him, I imagine a team would only trade for him if the Angels offered to pay a vast majority of his upcoming salary - so in that case, why even bother?

At worst he is a defensive replacement.  However I believe there is a better chance of Kole getting hot than Blash or who ever producing better

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The funny thing is, I bet if the half the guys on that list were suddenly released there would be threads on here wondering if the Angels should sign them. 

First thing i thought of when i saw that was walker and kipnis. If we landed either this winter most of us on here would have been pretty excited.

10 hours ago, Warfarin said:

....2.  Even if they wanted to trade him, I imagine a team would only trade for him if the Angels offered to pay a vast majority of his upcoming salary - so in that case, why even bother?

Or a bad contract  for bad contract deal....not sure I'd want to swap for another underachiever at this point....