• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Wait, why is there a deadline?  I didn't realize there was a rule that prevented us from optioning him, despite him having an option year left?

If I recall what Jeff said, he hit his five years of service anniversary or whatever it’s called and now as to approve being sent down. 

On 5/4/2018 at 6:06 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

For the record, Calhoun can be optioned without his consent until he has 5 years of service time, which by my math will happen on Wednesday.

After that, it requires his consent. 

This is Jeff's comment from the other thread.  It was written on May 4, so I believe the Wednesday mentioned must be May 9.

"Kole, we need to have a talk."

"About what?"

"You can't hit anymore to save your life. We're sending you to Salt Lake so you can figure out what's wrong and how to fix it."

"But I don't WANNA go there! I like it here!"

"Tough. It's either that or you sit at the end of the bench indefinitely."

"Well...okay, if you put it that way."

Edited by fan_since79

8 minutes ago, Pablo said:

This is Jeff's comment from the other thread.  It was written on May 4, so I believe the Wednesday mentioned must be May 9.

Just do it Epp!

How much longer can a .400 OPS be carried??    His defense ain’t THAT good to make up for it.

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I bet if Kole Calhoun had zero major league track record, but had been good in the minors, and he was bad for 65 ABs, people would be saying “He just needs extended playing time. How is he supposed to learn?”

I am thinking of another guy with a career .197 average who many Angels fans just think didn’t get to play enough to prove himself. 

Good call, Jeff! Put Cowart in RF! He just needs a chance!! ?

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Ha, sorry, but this board would be littered with posts like: " DFA him immediately ! He obviously sucks. He's worse than Brandon Wood..."

Patience has never been a strong suit here. 

I was thinking of Cowart. No matter how poorly he hit, the consensus seemed to be that his problem was that he needed to play MORE to find his rhythm, get his confidence, learn the league, etc.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I was thinking of Cowart. No matter how poorly he hit, the consensus seemed to be that his problem was that he needed to play MORE to find his rhythm, get his confidence, learn the league, etc.

I have it on good authority that Scioscia has ruined him and Brandon Wood.  

8 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I love how quick clod turns on a guy.  He’d rather pay the guy and release him to bring up a younger guy who costs less and will probably provide the same level of performance once you include offense and defense.

Well, I think Calhoun is close to reaching a point where a younger guy may be able to outproduce him.

I wasn't worried at first but he looks totally overmatched every single game

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ha, you obviously never read my posts. 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

"Kole, we need to have a talk."

"About what?"

"You can't hit anymore to save your life. We're sending you to Salt Lake so you can figure out what's wrong and how to fix it."

"But I don't WANNA go there! I like it here!"

"Tough. It's either that or you sit at the end of the bench indefinitely."

"Well...okay, if you put it that way."

" ... put me on the bench"

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

We felt he hit poorly because he was platooned and not getting regular playing time.  He started out last year on fire hitting over .400 and then all of a sudden the platoon started and Pennington got starts over him and his confidence was gone and so was his bat.

Scioscia has some kind of weird obsession with platoons, I mean he didn't even test Cowart against lefties to see if he can hit them before he pigeonholed him into a platoon role and now he's doing the same with Ohtani.