• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

But I mean really, what’s the point.  How many guys who can’t field for shit and are batting .200 are going to stick on a decent major league team.  The same obviously goes for a guy batting .165 with no walks.  I’ve cheered for Kole a lot.  I like the guy.  I feel badly this is how it is.  But he’s gotta go.  This isn’t workable. 

IDK what they do in RF. Going to Young makes a RH heavy lineup even more RH heavy and I don't like Blash. EYJr is a switch hitter so he'd at least give them that LH bat but I don't think he can play RF with that arm of his and Hermosillo is another RH hitter

It's early to speculate but as I look today, Markakis for RF in a trade would look pretty good. Last year of his deal but the Braves are actually competing(as of now) so who knows if he'll even become available, but man that would be a great fit. LH bat, good RF defense and having a career year at the plate

4 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Kole Calhoun wtf, we talk crap about how bad Albert has been but not even in his worst slump has he been this bad. 

Is there any reason not to try to lay 4 bunts down a game at this point? At least try to, for one game please? 

Use him as a 4th OF/ defense replacement.   Give him a shot to get his spot back next year.

I’m a fan.  I don’t give a shit about Arte eating his contract.  I don’t care if they send him to the minors. Get him out of the line up. 

And frankly playing the whole season with a NL line up and failing to make the post season. Or at least an ALDS trip will cost him more.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Well, Kole plays the most dangerous position in baseball in right field (sarcasm) so maybe he gets hurt (not wishing for that, just send him down already).  It's great to know if we get to the World Series, Ohtani will never see RF in a National League Park, even if it's game 7.

Right.  Now can we stop pretending like he is being under utilized?  

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

I understand. Pitching in relief without warming up in the pen is an extreme and unusual idea.  That's an understatement.  But I've seen the way Othani warms up.  He lobs it to the catcher most of the time.  That and the way he primarily uses his body to generate velocity instead of him arm makes me think he would be the only guy who could pull that off.

Has he ever pitched in relief for an extended period of time?  He pitched 2 games of relief in 2013 and 1 game in 2016.  The transition from pitching once a week to 3-4 times a week is not something he is going to be able to accomplish mid season.  

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

Yea I was referring to his last extension. $19M is still bad because Arte won't pay him to leave and no other team will take on his entire deal.

True, because Arte has never done 

image.gif