• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

I think the thread is dying because now the plan is passed.  If we stay in our place for us 2018 is pretty close to 2017 as far as our federal tax liability because our mortgage interest/SALT deduction is basically the new standard deduction.  If we make the move to a house we'll pay a bit more than we would have under the old structure because of the SALT deduction limitation.  At the end of the day we're going to pay what we're going to pay and there's really nothing we can do about it so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

17 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Maybe it's because I make more than you guys, but I've spoken with my accountant and he said the difference for me would be negligible.  Perhaps you guys shouldn't be putting the down payment on the pool just yet.

Aren't you a small business owner?  I.E. isn't the law firm yours?  Because you should be seeing some good breaks if this is the case.  

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

I suppose I should disclose that my accountant is not Jewish, so take what he tells me with a grain of salt.

See, there is your problem.  Next to Jewish, I'd hire @m0nkey.  He's Asian, so almost as good.  Just watch out though.  Since he's Asian and not Jewish, he might steal your money for gambling, hookers, and booze.  

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I trust about 2/3 of my paycheck to an Asian Accountant every month. Of course, she's also my wife so maybe it's not so much trust her with as it is grudgingly fork over to

Sleeping with your accountant . . . not a bad approach.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mar-a-lago-christmas-trip/

President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier.

Looking forward to some of that sweet trickle-down action.

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

See, there is your problem.  Next to Jewish, I'd hire @m0nkey.  He's Asian, so almost as good.  Just watch out though.  Since he's Asian and not Jewish, he might steal your money for gambling, hookers, and booze.  

CPA and yet I don't know how this affects me

On 12/23/2017 at 12:46 PM, calscuf said:

Maybe it's because I make more than you guys, but I've spoken with my accountant and he said the difference for me would be negligible.  Perhaps you guys shouldn't be putting the down payment on the pool just yet.

By my quick and dirty math (granted, I am neither Jewish nor Asian), I am going to lose about $30,000 in deductions (exemptions of $20,000, and another $10,000 in state taxes), which will eliminate any relief I get from the lower brackets. But I'll pick up $6,000 in child tax credit. Perhaps you should have more kids?

All in all, I think I'll save $4,000 a year. Which is enough to pay for my new pool (I'll be breaking ground in spring; you can come over with your family and use it if you bring me some craft IPAs).

32 minutes ago, wopphil said:

All in all, I think I'll save $4,000 a year. Which is enough to pay for my new pool (I'll be breaking ground in spring; you can come over with your family and use it if you bring me some craft IPAs).

I hope this offer applies to your non-attorney friends, especially the ones who have some lovely pumpkin beer they'd love to pass along to YOU, one of the nicest people on the entire internet.

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

I hope this offer applies to your non-attorney friends, especially the ones who have some lovely pumpkin beer they'd love to pass along to YOU, one of the nicest people on the entire internet.

Sorry Tank. While you are a cool dude, I am not sure I know how to barbeque kale.