• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

Quick off the top of my head vote counting, they need 50 of their 52 seats to vote yes on it in the senate (assuming anything can pass through the house). Secret-liberal Rand Paul sounds like he will likely be a no, and it seems likely Corker will be a no. So, the margin is...thin...

29 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't think the Republicans intend to pass anything

it's an interesting theory and i think you're on to something. they've run out three attempts at overturning obamacare in an effort that can best be described as keystone cop-ish and no real chance of passing. it's like they're trying to look busy on something meaningful without any real intent to do what's best for the citizenry.

agree with you on obamacare being repealed. each weak plan they've announced was set to dump several million people from it, and that's just not going to fly. it seems like an obvious thing to fix the things that are wrong/weak with it. but yeah, the cons need a bogeyman, and that's definitely it.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

agree with you on obamacare being repealed. each weak plan they've announced was set to dump several million people from it, and that's just not going to fly. it seems like an obvious thing to fix the things that are wrong/weak with it. but yeah, the cons need a bogeyman, and that's definitely it.

Tank I’ve golfed with you. You’re the bogeyman

16 hours ago, Adam said:

They can't repeal obamacare. They need to be able to point the finger at it as a campaign issue for as long as it can sway voters.

The Tax thing... I'm not so sure. I haven't even seen any fake news sites saying it's a good deal. 

If I can't itemize I'm screwed. I know that. 

Yeah the Obamacare repeal farce was laughably predictable. I'm still surprised so many people bought into it. I'd guess their putting on another show but it's not as clear.  The Republican leadership aren't selling it hard to the public but it's crafted in a way to really hurt the large blue states so I don't really know.

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah the Obamacare repeal farce was laughably predictable. I'm still surprised so many people bought into it. I'd guess their putting on another show but it's not as clear.  The Republican leadership aren't selling it hard to the public but it's crafted in a way to really hurt the large blue states so I don't really know.

I can’t figure it out either but I’m sure it’s sinister enough

On 11/9/2017 at 2:03 PM, mtangelsfan said:

Eliminating write offs for state and property taxes screws the middle class.  I swear we are invisible.

Seems the cons and the libs are willing to sacrifice us for their sacred cows.

It screws people in HCOL states that pay more than they get back from the feds, many of which are blue states like CA, NY, NJ and so on.  We were planning on selling our town house and getting into a house early next year and depending on how this plays out we may scrap that.  Limiting the mortgage interest is one thing but then capping or completely doing away with the state income/property tax write-off would put us in a position financially I wouldn't want to be in.  I imagine real estate would take a hit in more expensive areas like OC where the median home price is currently approaching 800K.