• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

27 minutes ago, nate said:

I see, you are talking about omitting everyone until 2025, I can see that.

I definitely win until 2025

and I am guessing things change between now and then.  We may have a democrat pres and a dem congress that does different stuff.  This stuff is always changing.

Every single person that works for our company is going to keep more of their money. We had everyone do the calculator thingy. We have people making  from $11/hr to 6 figures. 

I thought the blue state folks were the ones that were gonna get screwed. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

and I am guessing things change between now and then.  We may have a democrat pres and a dem congress that does different stuff.  This stuff is always changing.

and that's exactly why the permanent changes to this tax plan are in no way permanent.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen though. The gov't will increase spending. We'll hit a recession and Trump's legacy will be that of W's. Tax cuts are great, especially when they lead to higher revenues, but spending never slows and ultimately... whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 hour ago, Adam said:

The individual mandate is immoral. I don't really care what consequences it has

it's a great example of media bias (or whatever you want to call it) when people yell and scream about how xx million are going to lose their health insurance with this tax cut. really? by eliminating the penalty for forcing people to buy insurance they don't want?

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen though. The gov't will increase spending. We'll hit a recession and Trump's legacy will be that of W's. Tax cuts are great, especially when they lead to higher revenues, but spending never slows and ultimately... whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tenor.gif?itemid=4920629

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Comcast joining AT&T: "Based on the passage of tax reform and the FCC's action on broadband," Comcast is giving "special $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 eligible frontline and non-executive employees."

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Wells Fargo and  at least one other bank are increasing their lowest wage to $15/hr

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Fifth Third Bank is also raising its lowest wage to $15 AND giving $1K bonuses

That was really quick

Not sure if my income taxes are going up or down as a result of this bill. I assume they are going down slightly like most people.

Lots of changes starting next year. Wife is retired, and we're moving away from California. So it's not apples-to-apples.

We itemize because we pay a lot in state income tax and property tax. But that will be going down starting next year. Mortgage is paid off.

We paid AMT last year, I'm guessing we won't be paying AMT going forward.

One thing I do know is, the value of my retirement accounts went up about 20% in 2017. That's a lot of money.

Stock markets reacting favorably to new tax policy.

Just now, Jay said:

Not sure if my income taxes are going up or down as a result of this bill. I assume they are going down slightly like most people.

Lots of changes starting next year. Wife is retired, and we're moving away from California. So it's not apples-to-apples.

We itemize because we pay a lot in state income tax and property tax. But that will be going down starting next year. Mortgage is paid off.

We paid AMT last year, I'm guessing we won't be paying AMT going forward.

One thing I do know is, the value of my retirement accounts went up about 20% in 2017. That's a lot of money.

Stock markets reacting favorably to new tax policy.

You will keep more of your money now regardless of how the new tax plan works for you.

9 hours ago, LHalo said:

I like how this thread is dying off since everyone is realizing they’re saving a bunch of money with the tax cuts. Merry Christmas libs. 

If you were one to listen to Dems like Pelosi, you would think we are all going to die a slow painful death because of the tax deal.