• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

Koch family delivers 500k in donations to Ryan after passing of the No Billionaires Left Behind Act

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a15844720/paul-ryan-tax-bill-koch-donation/

That was nice of them.  Pretty cool story.  Thank you for sharing.  I love selfless acts like this.  

On 1/17/2018 at 1:40 PM, Jason said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-announces-350-billion-investment-20k-jobs-over-5-years.html

This sounds like positive news. I may need some Dems to point out how it isn't so I can get a balanced approach

It is good, but know that it is included in the GAO report that put the deficit of this tax plan at -$1.5 trillion.

Again as I have said, having a lower corporate tax rate is very important, it needed to be done to be competitive, but you will notice that every other country that has a low corporate tax rate has a much higher individual tax rate for top earners, here it is about 45% all in, other countries it is closer to 60%.  It is the only way you can pay for the lower corporate taxes.

Add on to that that those other countries also don't have beyond massive and wasteful military spending.

The real tax bill should have lowered the corporate rate to 20% and cut military spending by $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years.

Tax giveaway helping companies...lay off workforce

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/business/kimberly-clark-layoffs.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fbusiness&action=click&contentCollection=business&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

Restructurings typically come with upfront costs for the companies, as they pay workers severance or renegotiate leases. In a conference call with analysts on Tuesday, Kimberly-Clark’s chief financial officer, Maria Henry, said “cash flow benefits” from the Republican tax cut would help fund “the restructuring program over the next few years.” She said the tax savings would also be used to make capital investments and to “allocate significant capital to shareholders.”

I'm always amused by the layoff talk of big companies.  As if their business is never shifting and changing.  Divisions and offices get reduced, expanded, shutdown and created all the time.  It's not like these companies are laying off in one area but not hiring in others. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'm always amused by the layoff talk of big companies.  As if their business is never shifting and changing.  Divisions and offices get reduced, expanded, shutdown and created all the time.  It's not like these companies are laying off in one area but not hiring in others. 

Shh.  You are killing the vibe.

Now where were we?  Oh yeah, mob, pitchforks, torches, but not those polynesian ones.

21 hours ago, Adam said:

Sounds like a shitty company and I don't really see how keeping the tax rate the same would've kept those jobs. 

Side note - my kids use(d) target diapers. There were a half dozen or so times that we had to use huggies. Blowouts each time. 

we used walmart diapers. they were excellent. huggies were pure junk and couldn't stop a darn thing.

5 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It would be nice if individuals (especially the middle class) got a real tax break in one of these fake "reforms". Corporations always get massive cuts while the rest of us save a few bucks every month. 

Agreed but saving a few bucks can be a big deal for a lot of people 

On 1/25/2018 at 6:49 AM, Geoff said:

Yes.  Tax break or no tax break, doesn't really have an impact on jobs.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Yes.  Tax break or no tax break, doesn't really have an impact on jobs.

Well. The national unemployment rate is at it's lowest point in 17 years and California's is at the lowest ever, so, do we really need them?

; )

Edited by Lou