• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

3 hours ago, wopphil said:

All in all, I think I'll save $4,000 a year. Which is enough to pay for my new pool (I'll be breaking ground in spring; you can come over with your family and use it if you bring me some craft IPAs).

Before you put the deposit down, make sure your tax credit isn't actually a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiat Chrysler said it will add 2,500 jobs in Michigan to support the move.

The company also said it's giving one-time $2,000 bonuses to 60,000 U.S. workers.

"It is only proper that our employees share in the savings generated by tax reform and that we openly acknowledge the resulting improvement in the U.S. business environment by investing in our industrial footprint accordingly," CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a press release.

Thanks Trump!

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

So because literally every single job at Carrier wasn't saved, it's all Trump's fault? Typical of fake news NBC I guess. A lot of those jobs at Carrier got saved but you and them want to focus on the negative.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So because literally every single job at Carrier wasn't saved, it's all Trump's fault? Typical of fake news NBC I guess. A lot of those jobs at Carrier got saved but you and them want to focus on the negative.

For every post about companies moving operations back to the US like above, there is another one like this one of companies moving operations out of the US

2 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

For every post about companies moving operations back to the US like above, there is another one like this one of companies moving operations out of the US

Yeah and they were originally going to move a lot more of those jobs out of the US before Trump was elected. But who cares about that right?

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sam's Club just closed 60+ stores.  So much for Trump and the corporate tax cut.

Same day they publicly announced bonuses and minimum wage raise they quietly close the stores. In some cases they didn't even tell workers, who showed up for work and saw signs on the door.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sam's Club just closed 60+ stores.  So much for Trump and the corporate tax cut.

They are owned by WalMart. It makes them competition with themselves in some markets. We have s Costco, Sam's Club and Walmart all off the same street within two blocks of each other. I expect eventually, if they aren't already on the list, the Sam's Club will close.

That has nothing to do with corporate tax breaks, it's about over saturation of the market.

*Just checked the list and the San Dimas/Glendora store survived the cut. 

Edited by Blarg

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are owned by WalMart. It makes them competition with themselves in some markets. We have s Costco, Sam's Club and Walmart all off the same street within two blocks of each other. I expect eventually, if they aren't already on the list, the Sam's Club will close.

That has nothing to do with corporate tax breaks, it's about over saturation of the market.

I know who owns Sam's Club.  If there is over saturation of the market that is on Wal-Mart for competing with themselves.  

Regardless, we were told that the corporate tax break would be great for business, no?

This has nothing to do with tax breaks. A failed location can't survive if it can't move inventory. Yeah, maybe Walmart fucked up and missjudged the market in these locations. Maybe the economy shifted in these locations, it still creates a store that the corporation decided the losses we're too great. It would never be insulated from any tax revision. 

You are pointing your finger at the wrong thing. Businesses make expansion mistakes all the time. Sometimes they make good decisions that over time lose their effectiveness because the market caught up with them. It sucks for those who lost their jobs without reasonable warning and that is on Walmart corporate. There is the only issue here to take, how they were so callous.

Edited by Blarg