• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

The cornerstone tenet of modern American racism is plausible deniability. A person's actions and words can point to a clear pattern of racist ideology, but the moment you dare call them out on it they will respond with a whole host of excuses, twist the argument to paint you as the racist for even suggesting it, tell you not to put words in their mouth, and all sorts of other logical fallacies that insult the intelligence of any person capable of adding 2 and 2.

Modern American racists are infinitely more sensitive than any of the people they hold prejudices against. Pretty much any argument I've seen on racism only confirms that. 

Bar puts a "Lynch" and "Kaepernick" jersey together to spell out an obviously racist message? Oh, silly me, it was just a coincidence. Actually you guys are the racists for playing the race card! You're hurting my feelings!

Old woman marches with Nazi's? She was just caught up in the action, she's a really nice person who only uses the n-bomb lovingly and with the utmost respect. Oh, and you guys are the racists for even suggesting it!

24 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm all ears as well.  How do some guys kneeling during the national anthem hurt our country?

Here's how I see it:

Our country's flag represents all of the men and women who died for you and me. The red stripes on our flag represents blood.

Our flag holds this country together. It keeps me and you as citizens together. Our country had some very bad days in the past, but we are now living in the greatest country on the planet, flaws and all.

When I see someone using the NFL  and their audience to protest something during the national anthem I can't watch.

I guess as a person you're patriotic or you don't care. If you don't care, you should. But I can't watch guys I used to like diss the flag.

6 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Come on flop.  Second time incorrectly using "your" in the last few pages

Give him a break.  Auto correct fucks with all of us ! 

It doesn't give a shit about conservative/liberal.  White/black.  Its sort of like death.  Utterly indiscriminate. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, yvangelfan said:

Here's how I see it:

Our country's flag represents all of the men and women who died for you and me. The red stripes on our flag represents blood.

Our flag holds this country together. It keeps me and you as citizens together. Our country had some very bad days in the past, but we are now living in the greatest country on the planet, flaws and all.

When I see someone using the NFL  and their audience to protest something during the national anthem I can't watch.

I guess as a person you're patriotic or you don't care. If you don't care, you should. But I can't watch guys I used to like diss the flag.

Not everyone has your eyes.

For a lot of people the flag represents nothing. For others it represents oppression. For others it represents Statism.  

Look, I am pretty conservative but we are talking about a piece of cloth and a song.  (2 Kings 18:4)

That's it.  I wonder if all the folks complaining about the disrespect it shows veterans ever actually do anything for veterans.

The same way I feel athletes would be much more effective if they were doing stuff in their communities verses some dumb protest.

9 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Here's how I see it:

Doesn't the flag also represent ideals of equality and free speech.  I would say even more then the military.  Folks in the military defend those ideals because at the core of it, that's what this country is about.  They aren't defending a song or a banner. 

Also, it's sort of amusing how uppity people are getting about this.  I saw a sportscaster from Texas make an amazing point on this.  People "disrespect" the flag all day every day.  It's sold on clothing, it's slapped on beer cans.  Etc.  When a group is using it to demonstrate against  a legitimate grievance.  Now we suddenly have a problem.  That sort of indicates the issue isn't the flag or the anthem.  The issue is that you don't like what the players are saying.  Specifically, that far to often minorities get shit on in this country.  Anyway.  That's what's at the heart of this to me . 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Give him a break.  Auto correct fucks with all of us ! 

It doesn't give a shit about conservative/liberal.  White/black.  Its sort of like death.  Utterly indiscriminate. 

no no let them have their fun... i am not affected by typos and auto corrrect issues and it would be funny if people weren't judgmental about silly things.