• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

6 minutes ago, TSD said:

Well, as a poor 3/4 white kid I was denied my career of choice because the state had been sued and would only hire "minorities". The black girl I grew up with and dated for a while got far more scholarships even though her family made MORE and her grades were worse.  Do we want to talk about the workplace?

How about in relationships?  A white woman dating a black man is more than 10 times (!) more likely to be killed by him than she would a white boyfriend.  FBI stats. Look it up.

As far as racism, the worst I've ever seen by far was when I dated said black friend.  Her friends openly hated me and she had to break  it off.

The only people oppressing black are other blacks, by abandoning their children and worshipping a violent thug culture that values stupid machismo over being a sound reliable husband and father.

You don't believe there is racism from whites towards blacks in this country?  Seriously?  

As an American Hispanic i find the whole kneeling thing weird.

Why isn't there anything being said about Hispanics being oppressed by police or mistreated by people etc ? Until there is a BrownLivesMatter or MinorityLivesMatter thing i can't support something that ignores the way Hispanics are treated & steriotyped on TV.

I think MinorityLivesMatter would be best term to use as it would apply to Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Transgender, Queer.

That said, i wouldn't ever protest the national anthem to draw attention to a cause, my moms family didn't come to this country to do that, also there is some american born people take it for granted what its like to be born in this country.

Can anyone name one Latina tv character that isn't steriotyped as "sexy object" or "fiery & overly emotional". The only non steriotyped Latina on TV is Raven Reyes on 'The 100' on CW, She gets to be a engineer.

4 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

As an American Hispanic i find the whole kneeling thing weird.

Why isn't there anything being said about Hispanics being oppressed by police or mistreated by people etc ? Until there is a BrownLivesMatter or MinorityLivesMatter thing i can't support something that ignores the way Hispanics are treated & steriotyped on TV.

I think MinorityLivesMatter would be best term to use as it would apply to Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Transgender, Queer.

Can anyone name one Latina tv character that isn't steriotyped as "sexy object" or "fiery & overly emotional". The only non steriotyped Latina on TV is Raven Reyes on 'The 100' on CW, She gets to be a engineer.

How about "all lives matter"?

5 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Cause the point is to show that minoritys are important too along with everyone else.

My main problem with the current term they are using is that it makes it seem like their the only minority group that suffers, they want to make the point that minoritys matter too but they use a term that applies to only one minority group instead of all of them.

I observe the singing of the anthem by removing my hat and putting my hand over my heart as a sign of respect to those that have served, are serving and will serve to protect our country.  I don't agree with the kneeling but at the same time I go back to the old saying that more or less goes "I don't agree with you but I'll defend your right to say it."  The freedoms we enjoy in this country allow people to take a knee during the national anthem or do other things I may not agree with.  At the end of the day I'm not going to lose sleep over it because there are far greater injustices in the world.  Personally I'd prefer the president and athletes to leave it off the field so I can watch games to just enjoy them for what they are.  I don't turn to famous people or athletes for their political opinions I just watch them for entertainment.    

Just now, yvangelfan said:

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Some would argue Cuba but i wouldnt.

Again it goes down to perception.  Some may prefer the equality they get in Cuba v. The freedom of the usa

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Some would argue Cuba but i wouldnt.

Again it goes down to perception.  Some may prefer the equality they get in Cuba v. The freedom of the usa

27 minutes ago, Merlot said:

You don't believe there is racism from whites towards blacks in this country?  Seriously?  

I believe ignorance can come from all sides of humanity including whites, blacks , browns, etc.

Are you  racist? Do you know anyone who is? If so, are they talking about whitey, blacks or browns?

24 minutes ago, TSD said:

Well, as a poor 3/4 white kid I was denied my career of choice because the state had been sued and would only hire "minorities". The black girl I grew up with and dated for a while got far more scholarships even though her family made MORE and her grades were worse.  Do we want to talk about the workplace?

How about in relationships?  A white woman dating a black man is more than 10 times (!) more likely to be killed by him than she would a white boyfriend.  FBI stats. Look it up.

As far as racism, the worst I've ever seen by far was when I dated said black friend.  Her friends openly hated me and she had to break  it off.

The only people oppressing black are other blacks, by abandoning their children and worshipping a violent thug culture that values stupid machismo over being a sound reliable husband and father.

If you are 1/4 minority you would qualify for affirmative action.  You shoukd have marked your minority ethnicity on you applications.  If you have one drop of minority blood in you thsn clsim you that ethnicity.

I.joke that i can now claim to be African American because my kidney donor was african american.

7 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I believe ignorance can come from all sides of humanity including whites, blacks , browns, etc.

Are you  racist? Do you know anyone who is? If so, are they talking about whitey, blacks or browns?

A large segment of liberals wiuld say all whites are racist simply by the colir of their skin.  In fact the define a racist as "those who benefit from that white racist society"

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If you are 1/4 minority you would qualify for affirmative action.  You shoukd have marked your minority ethnicity on you applications.  If you have one drop of minority blood in you thsn clsim you that ethnicity.

I.joke that i can now claim to be African American because my kidney donor was african american.

Do you hate whitey now? :)

4 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I don't want to watch that particular person or people playing football after they've given my country the finger.

I've yet to find an actual NFL fan who has given it up.  Maybe you're going to be first.  

So what are you going to be doing now on sundays?  Apple picking?  Habitat for Humanity?  Feeding the homeless?