• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trump isn't helping matters any with his tyrannical tweets.

This is the absolute truth, how someone hasnt literally ripped the phone from his hands is beyond me.   Hes not done himself even a seconds service by using twitter as POTUS.
Then again i would also argue that twitter isnt an appropriate medium for POTUS either way, but thats another discussion. 

17 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Doesn't the flag also represent ideals of equality and free speech.  I would say even more then the military.  Folks in the military defend those ideals because at the core of it, that's what this country is about.  They aren't defending a song or a banner. 

Also, it's sort of amusing how uppity people are getting about this.  I saw a sportscaster from Texas make an amazing point on this.  People "disrespect" the flag all day every day.  It's sold on clothing, it's slapped on beer cans.  Etc.  When a group is using it to demonstrate against  a legitimate grievance.  Now we suddenly have a problem.  That sort of indicates the issue isn't the flag or the anthem.  The issue is that you don't like what the players are saying.  Specifically, that far to often minorities get shit on in this country.  Anyway.  That's what's at the heart of this to me . 

People are probably also upset that its non-inclusive of other minority groups in their protests, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, Disabled people, Muslims, Transgender etc are oppressed as well. If they changed it to Minority Lives Matter to be inclusive of other minoritys maybe they'd gain alot more support & less criticism.

Unarmed Hispanics are shot by police all the time, yet it doesn't make the news nor is there protests or riots cause of it.

I wish they'd stop acting like there is only one minority group thats oppressed & under represented.

Even though Hispanics are 13% of the USA population, they make up only 6% or less of main TV characters & when you consider some TV shows are set in Texas or California it makes that number seem even worse.

As as Hispanic i can say that most in my family seem to think the kneeling & protests are dumb & don't pay much attention to it.

5 hours ago, floplag said:

This is the absolute truth, how someone hasnt literally ripped the phone from his hands is beyond me.   Hes not done himself even a seconds service by using twitter as POTUS.
Then again i would also argue that twitter isnt an appropriate medium for POTUS either way, but thats another discussion. 

So, if you are the POTUS today are you going to rely on CNN, MSNBC, NYTIMES, etc to get your message out honestly?

9 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

So, if you are the POTUS today are you going to rely on CNN, MSNBC, NYTIMES, etc to get your message out honestly?

As opposed to freaking twitter?  Honestly?   
There are multiple ways for him to speak to the nation outside of social media, and literally everything hes ever said and done on it has hurt whatever the message was supposed to be.  

I have been very vocal about mistrust of the newsmedia today for a long time now, im old enough to remember when it wasnt wall to wall op/ed and was at least partially non biased factual reporting.  They are literally the modern equivalent of the national enquirer, just with wider reach.  

BUT... that doesnt excuse using twiiter as your primary medium, especially when the main audience twiiter reaches is exactly those who are most likely to hate his freaking guts. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

As opposed to freaking twitter?  Honestly?   
There are multiple ways for him to speak to the nation outside of social media, and literally everything hes ever said and done on it has hurt whatever the message was supposed to be.  

I have been very vocal about mistrust of the newsmedia today for a long time now, im old enough to remember when it wasnt wall to wall op/ed and was at least partially non biased factual reporting.  They are literally the modern equivalent of the national enquirer, just with wider reach.  

BUT... that doesnt excuse using twiiter as your primary medium, especially when the main audience twiiter reaches is exactly those who are most likely to hate his freaking guts. 

I don't see how you would NOT use twitter as POTUS, especially if you're  a Republican...try to reach ignorant people who hate your guts.

It will be interesting to see how future POTUS use the medium.

This thread probably needs to be moved to the political forum..

15 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

"A staunch fiscal conservative"

While true, i cant help but wonder if those who were actually worth these positions would make an effort to help the nation over holding onto their personal hatred and agendas where we would be. 
We are a freaking train wreck right now but the election isnt changing, its moot, are they really going to let this dumpster fire burn for 4-8 years?
Whats more important, country or party?
I for one am quite frustrated with the partisan bullshit.  
I doubt it changes but really ,what do you expect?  who else is he going to hire at this point?  
Thats not in any way supporting of him, just saying, when the good ones are acting like petulant children you end up with whatever is left at the bottom of the barrel. 

Just now, floplag said:

While true, i cant help but wonder if those who were actually worth these positions would make an effort to help the nation over holding onto their personal hatred and agendas where we would be. 

What does this mean, when you quoted "a staunch fiscal conservative"

2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I don't see how you would NOT use twitter as POTUS, especially if you're  a Republican...try to reach ignorant people who hate your guts.

It will be interesting to see how future POTUS use the medium.

This thread probably needs to be moved to the political forum..

do you think he has even a 1% chance to reach anyone?  as opposed to the abundance of vitriol i read on my feed daily?   
Hell does anyone have a 1% chance of changing anyones mind of either side when everyone has become zealots over it and turned politics into life and death? 
I simply feel its perhaps the least POTUS worthy way of reaching out to the nation of all options, i felt so during Obama, nothing has changed.  

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

What does this mean, when you quoted "a staunch fiscal conservative"

Misquote actually it was interned to quote the one above it where you linked his outing, do you not know your own posts? 
Regardless the point is that the lack of interest by the Dems or other qualified people to even take part in the process under Trump is putting the nation as a whole in a very bad spot.  Its politics as usual i know and it isnt likely to change but i would be FAR more interested in giving them credit for making an effort to stop the dumpster fire than i would seeing them stand aside till the fire goes out.  How much more damage will be done by then in another 3-8 possibly years before they can take back that power they crave so dearly?  
I realize they dont care about that, or anything else beyond political power and right now they are choosing to basically do nothing and pray Trump burns.. the problem is we burn with him if he does. 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

do you think he has even a 1% chance to reach anyone?  as opposed to the abundance of vitriol i read on my feed daily?   
Hell does anyone have a 1% chance of changing anyones mind of either side when everyone has become zealots over it and turned politics into life and death? 
I simply feel its perhaps the least POTUS worthy way of reaching out to the nation of all options, i felt so during Obama, nothing has changed.  

Obama didn't need twitter. He had CNN< MSNBC< NYTIMES<HOLLYWOOD<THE EDUCATION SYSTEM , ready and willing to cover for him.

1% is a good start.

Just now, yvangelfan said:

Obama didn't need twitter. He had CNN< MSNBC< NYTIMES<HOLLYWOOD<THE EDUCATION SYSTEM , ready and willing to cover for him.

1% is a good start.

No i'm not going to agree on that it isn't like there aren't networks backing the Repcons as much as Libdems too so, it isnt all one sided.   If POTUS "needs" twitter, we are already doomed. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Well you don't think anyone speaks the same language unless they parrot you so that's no shock.  

Seriously, what does this mean:

Misquote actually it was interned to quote the one above it where you linked his outing, do you not know your own posts? 

Misquote actually it was interned - I do not understand this.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Seriously, what does this mean:

Misquote actually it was interned - I do not understand this.

I'm quite sure you can figure it out.  If not dont worry about it, you arent likely to agree anyway.

Jesus dude.  Edit your posts once in a while.  It is literally unreadable.  You are writing answers to posts different from what you quote; the answers are garbled beyond recognition; the syntax is horrible.  I know its just a message board, but take a little pride in what you write.

Just now, yvangelfan said:

I'll give you FOX network, but is there another network?

How man y do you need?  Im not up on the ratings for them but im pretty sure most people watch whatever network(s) tells them they are right.   Or they watch the other to call out the BS they wont call on their own but it certainly isnt with an open mind. 
The point is that if he has to rely on Twitter hes pulling the wrong chain.