• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

You can post 500 links, but the point is that according to you and that post literally EVERY person who doesnt think this is appropriate fits that definition to you?  just so were clear.   Regardless of the stated objections the only possible reality is that they are racist rednecks?  

I've yet to find a person upset about the NFL who isn't a butthurt Trump voter.

13 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What bothers me most is when there is people who think there is only One minority group thats oppressed, what about Hispanics, Arabs, Indians, disabled & transgender too ?

Unarmed Hispanics get shot by cops all the time & you don't see them protesting.

Transgender people have the highest chance of being a victim of a homicide or assault.

What would help Stop Racism is if people stop whining, all the whining does is create more racist rednecks, so if anything Kaeperdick has created more racist rednecks.

I'm thinking if this was the issue that "made them" a racist redneck...they were probably firmly standing in that camp already

10 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I've yet to find a person upset about the NFL who isn't a butthurt Trump voter.

Well now you have as i was not a Trump voter and i assure you most i know that feel this was were not redneck racists... of course some are, thats a given, but to lump them all together is self serving and blatantly BS and your smarter than that. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Well now you have as i was not a Trump voter and i assure you most i know that feel this was were not redneck racists... of course some are, thats a given, but to lump them all together is self serving and blatantly BS and your smarter than that. 

You're 

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I know we all have typos, but the "your smarter than that" line just struck me as irresistible.)

1 hour ago, floplag said:

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE

This is the bar that has the "Lynch" "Kaepernick" jersey doormats.

Pure happenstance that Lynch appeared next to Kaepernick.

facebook_comment_2.png?cb=1506619484

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE

This is the bar that has the "Lynch" "Kaepernick" jersey doormats.

Pure happenstance that Lynch appeared next to Kaepernick.

facebook_comment_2.png?cb=1506619484

Are you asking me if there are racist ass hats in the mix, of course there are, but thats not what you implied earlier, you implied that everyone who disagreed was.  I'm certainly not suggesting that thats not part of it to some, I can only assure you its not for me.   I've listed my objections and none of them were racial.  You can believe that or not, thats up to you. 

What I don't appreciate and find disingenuous is the implication that EVERYONE, or even the majority,  falls into that category.   Its a chickenshit way to dismiss opposing views as sub human and not being bothered to think outside your own little box.  

I could refer you to a few friends who are not white that agree with me, how would you classify them under your logic?  

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

I've listed my objections and none of them were racial.  You can believe that or not, thats up to you. 

I don't believe it.

I think there is a strong possibility YOU don't think its racial.  But our brains are able to twist ourselves in weird ways.  I can go on a four mile run, wear some nice clothes, and my brain can almost convince myself I'm a George Clooney clone.  

Of course, as soon as I step in front of a mirror, the ugly reality hits.  But for those few seconds, my brain can persuade me.

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I don't believe it.

I think there is a strong possibility YOU don't think its racial.  But our brains are able to twist ourselves in weird ways.  I can go on a four mile run, wear some nice clothes, and my brain can almost convince myself I'm a George Clooney clone.  

Of course, as soon as I step in front of a mirror, the ugly reality hits.  But for those few seconds, my brain can persuade me.

So if im understanding this correctly in your mind there are only 2 options:
im racist
or
I've convinced myself im not racist cause im poorly wired and in denial
All this is due to what is in your mind the fact because it must be racist and there is no other possible explanation. 
If thats how you are wired, i literally feel sorry for you.

23 minutes ago, floplag said:

So if im understanding this correctly in your mind there are only 2 options:
im racist
or
I've convinced myself im not racist cause im poorly wired and in denial
All this is due to what is in your mind the fact because it must be racist and there is no other possible explanation. 
If thats how you are wired, i literally feel sorry for you.

I don't throw around the term "You're racist".  I hate it.  I don't think I did it here.

I do think that people's butthurt over football players protesting the anthem is race-based.

Just now, yk9001 said:

I don't throw around the term "You're racist".  I hate it.  I don't think I did it here.

I do think that people's butthurt over football players protesting the anthem is race-based.

You didnt say it, you implied it.  Same thing as far as im concerned other than getting to say i didnt call you racist even though we both know its what you meant.  
Tthere are a lot of reasons to be "butthurt" to use your term as though that doesnt have its own implications and attempts to completely minimize the view, that have nothing to do with race as i myself listed in this very thread which you've completely dismissed obviously if you even bothered to read them. 
In other words, classic passive aggressive. 
I guess its easier to reduce everything to an either/or discussion rather than actually thinking.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I'm thinking if this was the issue that "made them" a racist redneck...they were probably firmly standing in that camp already

But what makes a person turn into a racist ? Probably things they've seen & heard lean them towards disliking one minority group or race or religion.

There was alot of people of all races who became prejudice against muslims because of 9/11, things that happen tend to be what turns people towards the dark side.