• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Here's how I see it:

Our country's flag represents all of the men and women who died for you and me. The red stripes on our flag represents blood.

Our flag holds this country together. It keeps me and you as citizens together. Our country had some very bad days in the past, but we are now living in the greatest country on the planet, flaws and all.

When I see someone using the NFL  and their audience to protest something during the national anthem I can't watch.

I guess as a person you're patriotic or you don't care. If you don't care, you should. But I can't watch guys I used to like diss the flag.

Patriotism isn't saluting a flag

Kneeling isn't dissing the flag

Bringing attention that some of our fellow citizens aren't afforded the same rights and privileges those men and women died for isn't disrespecting those individuals

Attempting to weaponize the sacrifices others have made for this country, in the name of "patriotism", is bullshit

ps...the red does not represent blood...it came from the colors of the Union Jack

http://www.usflag.org/colors.html

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/04/why-the-u-s-flag-is-red-white-and-blue/

17 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Look, I am pretty conservative but we are talking about a piece of cloth and a song.  (2 Kings 18:4)

That's it.  I wonder if all the folks complaining about the disrespect it shows veterans ever actually do anything for veterans.

The same way I feel athletes would be much more effective if they were doing stuff in their communities verses some dumb protest.

One of the things I did for veterans last year was vote.

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Doesn't the flag also represent ideals of equality and free speech.  I would say even more then the military.  Folks in the military defend those ideals because at the core of it, that's what this country is about.  They aren't defending a song or a banner. 

Also, it's sort of amusing how uppity people are getting about this.  I saw a sportscaster from Texas make an amazing point on this.  People "disrespect" the flag all day every day.  It's sold on clothing, it's slapped on beer cans.  Etc.  When a group is using it to demonstrate against  a legitimate grievance.  Now we suddenly have a problem.  That sort of indicates the issue isn't the flag or the anthem.  The issue is that you don't like what the players are saying.  Specifically, that far to often minorities get shit on in this country.  Anyway.  That's what's at the heart of this to me . 

Okay, now you can enlighten me! Exactly how are minorities getting shit on today?

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Did you vote for someone who might keep them out of harm's way or for someone who is into nation building and stupid threats.

I voted for someone who would finally help wounded veterans receive the proper care they are due at the VA, and change the rules of engagement

for our soldiers.

Nation building?  Where is that happening?

3 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I voted for someone who would finally help wounded veterans receive the proper care they are due at the VA, and change the rules of engagement

for our soldiers.

Nation building?  Where is that happening?

Who has done anything for veterans?  Certainly not the guy in office.

as for your second question, are you for real?

39 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Quit disrespecting the flag!!

In the meantime, meet your future Republican U.S. senator from Michigan, Kid Rock!

kid_rock.jpg

40 minutes ago, red321 said:

Patriotism isn't saluting a flag

Kneeling isn't dissing the flag

Bringing attention that some of our fellow citizens aren't afforded the same rights and privileges those men and women died for isn't disrespecting those individuals

Attempting to weaponize the sacrifices others have made for this country, in the name of "patriotism", is bullshit

ps...the red does not represent blood...it came from the colors of the Union Jack

http://www.usflag.org/colors.html

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/04/why-the-u-s-flag-is-red-white-and-blue/

You are wrong, et al

16 hours ago, Merlot said:

You are a fucking idiot!  Seriously, that group was full of fucking Nazis.  You fucking idiots keep going on about how the players that take a knee are disrespecting our troops, yet you seem to forget what our troops did to rid the world of Nazis and what Nazis stand for.  I seriously find it hard to believe that you dated a black girl with your twisted pro white supremacy view.  The people that showed up against the Nazis that day, I applaud every one of them.  If that "old" lady was walking with the Nazis, then no, I really don't give a shit that she was dragged.  Is that who you want holding the flag, a fucking nazi supporter?  BTW, the group she was with was flying this flag:

Flickr_RodneyDunning.jpg

I don't care if they were nazis, black panthers, commies, anarchists.....we have freedom of speech in this country.  Antifa scum are attacking people that are trying to exercise their rights.  Do you agree with what happened at Berkeley too?  If you condone this you are part of the problem.  When you start suppressing certain groups you will be next.  Just like the dems thought it was a good idea to enact the nuclear option in the Senate, then shortly thereafter it was used on THEM. Be careful what you wish for.

As far as me, you couldn't be further off.  Your lack of debating skill and intellect is obvious in your predilection to resort to swearing and trying to call everyone you disagree with a nazi.  If that's the best you can do don't bother replying because I won't answer again.  If you'd like to continue like an intelligent adult then please do.

32 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

How is the pussy grabber doing with that?

Obviously you don't know anyone who is serving and have never served yourself.  Otherwise you'd already know the answer to this question.  Therefore, save the junior high level insults.  There's a reason military personnel voted for Trump 3-1 over Clinton.