• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

44 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

The product is damaged goods and needs to be recalled. Easy. Get off your ass and stand for the flag. Easily resolved.

This is so stupid.  If you ask any player that is kneeling if they are doing this to protest the military they will all say no, every one of them.  But that won’t stop people from twisting it to be something that offends them.  

I think kneeling is pretty damn respectful. It's pretty much the perfect way to protest. Doesn't hurt anyone and gets people talking.

Btw Kaepernick (sp?) talked to veterans before deciding he would kneel. He originally sat on the bench, which honestly is kind of a dick move. 

This is such a non issue. What the players are kneeling about is the real issue. But deflection.

On 10/14/2017 at 1:55 PM, Stradling said:

This is so stupid.  If you ask any player that is kneeling if they are doing this to protest the military they will all say no, every one of them.  But that won’t stop people from twisting it to be something that offends them.  

This is so stupid.  Nobody thinks the players are protesting the military.  We all know what they are protesting.  That doesn't mean its not disrespectful to the military, and that its not divisive.  It cracks me up that leftists are trying to call Trump divisive for what he said, when its the players that began this and were purposely trying to be divisive to "bring awareness."

They picked something that they knew would offend people and then cry when they get pushback on it.  Its saying fuck you to the country, and they know it, and they try to obfuscate it.  

Oh and what they are protesting over is bullshit.  

On 10/16/2017 at 11:01 AM, fan_since79 said:

I like the good old days when we didn't have to constantly protest every damn thing and could enjoy a sporting event on its own terms.

But that's just me.

Or, some dudes can get on a knee, or raise a fist, and nobody could give a shit.  Would that work for you?  It would work for me.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:15 AM, full circle said:

This is so stupid.  Nobody thinks the players are protesting the military.  We all know what they are protesting.  That doesn't mean its not disrespectful to the military, and that its not divisive.  It cracks me up that leftists are trying to call Trump divisive for what he said, when its the players that began this and were purposely trying to be divisive to "bring awareness."

They picked something that they knew would offend people and then cry when they get pushback on it.  Its saying fuck you to the country, and they know it, and they try to obfuscate it.  

Oh and what they are protesting over is bullshit.  

Who has cried when they got pushback?  I missed that.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:15 AM, full circle said:

This is so stupid.  Nobody thinks the players are protesting the military.  We all know what they are protesting.  That doesn't mean its not disrespectful to the military,

Since you know that they aren't protesting the military, and they know they aren't protesting the military, maybe the military should quit acting like offended snowflakes.

8 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Is there anything you give a shit about?

Yes.  NFL football.

I don't care if the players stand on their dicks during the protest, or if the snowflake patriots get upset and send stupid memes to my social media.

I would care if they quit playing NFL football on Sundays.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

What if, on the opening kickoff, everyone on both teams kneeled until the play clock ran out? Ref throws a flag. Receiving team declines it. Start over. They still make a statement that forces people to notice and talk about it, but it has nothing to do with the flag or the anthem.

what if the guys kneeling were suspended and we football fans could once again enjoy the game

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yes.  NFL football.

I don't care if the players stand on their dicks during the protest, or if the snowflake patriots get upset and send stupid memes to my social media.

okay, you got me. I would probably cheer them on  standing on their d%cks to protest..

43 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

"Don't disrespect the flag" has changed to "shut up and play football."

I'm fine with both of those messages.

They are at work.  I don't hijack company conference calls to spew my political beliefs.  Their employer is paying them for their time.  Do what your employer wants and stop annoying people.

It's a business.

What's next they flip everyone off with the middle finger and say don't be annoyed because they are just saying everyone is number 1?

Everyone else shuts up and works and follows the directions of employers at work.

And anyone that says a word about the first amendment here is a fool.  There is no constitutional issue.  They are at work.

They are free to quit and spend 24/7 kneeling.

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Yes.  NFL football.

To each their own.  Can you acknowledge that if it annoys even one customer, rationally or irrationally, an employer is fully within their rights to fire them?

I pass no judgment on you for you accepting it.  That's awesome for you.

But the reality is the NFL is a brand and a business and they are perfectly entitled to set policy to NOT annoy their customers. 

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

To each their own.  Can you acknowledge that if it annoys even one customer, rationally or irrationally, an employer is fully within their rights to fire them?

I pass no judgment on you for you accepting it.  That's awesome for you.

But the reality is the NFL is a brand and a business and they are perfectly entitled to set policy to NOT annoy their customers. 

They can absolutely fire those players, they will have to pay them for the rest of their guaranteed contract.  You see the players are the product, fire them, lessen the quality of your product.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They can absolutely fire those players, they will have to pay them for the rest of their guaranteed contract.  You see the players are the product, fire them, lessen the quality of your product.  

Most contracts are not guaranteed but that really doesn't change the point.

The core point is nobody would tolerate the pizza delivery guy soapboxing at your front door and giving you political issue fliers or a plumber that won't stop lecturing you on abortion while he fixes your pipes.

Fired.

My position is I don't want to see or hear their politics.  That's not why I watch sports.  It damages my interest in the football game.  NFL owners don't want that.  Same way I dont want to know the plumbers politics.  I just want the pipe cleared.

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Most contracts are not guaranteed but that really doesn't change the point.

The core point is nobody would tolerate the pizza delivery guy soapboxing at your front door and giving you political issue fliers or a plumber that won't stop lecturing you on abortion while he fixes your pipes.

Fired.

My position is I don't want to see or hear their politics.  That's not why I watch sports.  It damages my interest in the football game.  NFL owners don't want that.  Same way I dont want to know the plumbers politics.  I just want the pipe cleared.

I don't think a silent 30-45 second statement is at all intrusive. It's not like they are standing there making speeches. It doesn't bother me at all.

However, it does bother enough people that the noise is drowning out the message, which defeats the purpose. If people aren't receiving your message, it's partly your fault for not sending it in a way that it will he received properly. 

I don't know what the right way is to send the message, but I do believe it's a message that a lot of people need to hear.